Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happy New Owner and One Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla.jpg
Tesla2.jpg
Tesla3.jpg

So, after a long self-inflicted wait, the day finally came and completely failed to disappoint. It had been a really long time since the test drive, so was continually amazed at the acceleration (and lack of associated rev'ing noise). I am a very proud owner :cool::cool:

Everything was easy...homelink, bluetooth to phone, charging at my HPWC, and the other features. Had great driving on both highway and back roads.

Question: How long does it take for the phone app to work with the car? It still says "No Vehicles Links to This My Tesla Account...Your vehicle may not be ready". I did enable the mobile app setting from the car's settings.

Looking forward to many, grinning miles....

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

Never mind on question. It finally showed up about 6 hours after delivery.

PS: Kudos to Xander for pre-delivery and Adam for delivery at the Rockville SC. Everybody was great despite the business and slight delays.

- - - Updated - - -

Log out & logging back in did the trick for me.

Congrats & enjoy!

I think you're on to something here, since that's what did get it to work...may have worked earlier if I had logged out and back in earlier.

My DS activate the car right before we even went out to play with it. That trick got both internet radio services working as well as the smartphone app working toward the end of the walkthrough. He said since this is the end of the year, they are doing a massive amount of activations, so their servers are swamped. He said the West Coast deliveries get the shaft since three timezones have already done their early morning activations. Since the OP is in Maryland, they should be good unless their delivery was done later in the day. Either way, as others suggested, wait ~24 before the panic.

Congrats in the car! Blue is very pretty!

View attachment 37975View attachment 37976View attachment 37978

So, after a long self-inflicted wait, the day finally came and completely failed to disappoint. It had been a really long time since the test drive, so was continually amazed at the acceleration (and lack of associated rev'ing noise). I am a very proud owner :cool::cool:

Everything was easy...homelink, bluetooth to phone, charging at my HPWC, and the other features. Had great driving on both highway and back roads.

Question: How long does it take for the phone app to work with the car? It still says "No Vehicles Links to This My Tesla Account...Your vehicle may not be ready". I did enable the mobile app setting from the car's settings.

Looking forward to many, grinning miles....

Looking good! Every time I logon to this site, I learn something. Congrats. I'm picking up on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks folks....it's been a great ride since the Friday pickup. I do sincerely thank the Roadster owners. I also hope that as a model S owner, we successfully bridge this to GenIII and mainstream. More people need to be part of this revolution.