Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Corte Madera, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was pleased to see that the retail store at The Villages of Corte Madera is being accompanied by six new charging stations. They were being installed today (12.13.13) and probably operational in a week. They will be used for demo cars plus available to owners on a first come basis or so I was told.

Note that the retail store is just a 'pop up' one for now. They are going to relocate to a 'real' full size store in the Village in a few months. Sales manager Brian was previously over at San Rafael, which was not really a full fledged sales center (just a service center). He had to charge up the demo vehicles @ San Rafael and shuttle them over to Corte Madera for the day, then back @ night. When I saw him a few days ago he was really looking forward to the chargers.

I had the opportunity to stop by the Corte Madera Sales Center today, which is located in the Village shopping mall off of highway 101 in Marin. The center is currently a very small storefront, with no room for a car or chassis. They do plan to move to another location in the mall with more room.

They have been working on getting charging infrastructure set up since before Thanksgiving, but there have been delays. They have had to drive demo/test drive vehicles from the San Rafael service center over to Corte Madera in the morning, then back to San Rafael at night to be recharged). There are now 6 HPWC set up on stanchions along the back side of the Village mall (on the frontage road next to highway 101). When I was there I chatted with the mall’s general contractor, who was waiting for the local building inspector to sign off on the work. He anticipated that the HPWC would go live in 3 or 4 days. There will be 1 handicapped space. Still awaiting appropriate pavement marking and signage. Not sure if there will be cones to block spaces.

Note that on the back of each HPWC there is an individual red disconnect switch. You might need to throw this switch to be able to charge.

Before you plan on parking or charging there, best to call the sales center to ask permission and see if you can leave your S while you shop (maybe leave your cell phone and keep your Tesla smartphone app open).

I heard they were buying the toyota deAler. The location now used to be a sunglass hut hAhA

I was at the Cars & Coffee event today and met with the TM sales staff. No rumors about buying a dealership. They are going to move to a larger storefront in the Village (site being remodeled now) that will allow 2 cars to fit inside.
FYI-the 6 new HPWCs at the Corte Madera location are not all wired up/set up for full 80A service. The ones to the left are more like 40-50A, and the ones to the right more like 70-80A. They are awaiting an electrician to fix the problem.

Charged over the weekend here; HPWCs were limited to 72A (not full 80A).

I was at the Cars & Coffee event today and met with the TM sales staff. No rumors about buying a dealership. They are going to move to a larger storefront in the Village (site being remodeled now) that will allow 2 cars to fit inside.
FYI-the 6 new HPWCs at the Corte Madera location are not all wired up/set up for full 80A service. The ones to the left are more like 40-50A, and the ones to the right more like 70-80A. They are awaiting an electrician to fix the problem.