Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking sensors Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten the parking sensors retrofitted from Tesla?
Very early on in ownership I would have seriously considered it. By the time the retrofit was available, I got to know the distance to curb stops well enough that I no longer feel the need for it. As for the rear, the back up camera suffices. With all that said, on a new car I'm sure I would order the option anyway. $5k for a retrofit is a bit rich for me though.

Yeah, neither am I. Luke at the service center said if you don't have the wiring it would likely be $4k-$5k for a retrofit.

TeslaTap has a description of a product that he installed to provide parking assist. And there's Rick Hesel (artsci) that has worked with WhiteP85 to develop a front cam solution that will give us an assist for parking. Those both are worth looking into.

TeslaTap has a description of a product that he installed to provide parking assist. And there's Rick Hesel (artsci) that has worked with WhiteP85 to develop a front cam solution that will give us an assist for parking. Those both are worth looking into.

As for the front camera, I am waiting for the switch box to be delivered. I have the wires and the camera for the installation.