Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people plan to randomly join/ crash Elon Musks Coast to Coast Trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the words of the great Elon Musk "The public tends to respond to precedence and superlatives."

I'd like nothing more than to see Elon Musks coast to coast trip scheduled for spring break time frame turn into a caravan of hundreds of Model S's. This would also be a great opportunity to break the record for largest EV caravan. The headline of "Elon Musk lead hundreds to Tesla across the U.S. for free." would most likely move the stock price positively and bring new awareness and customers to Tesla Motors.

Your Thoughts... (& pledges Crash/Join Elon's Crusade) :biggrin:

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I'd love to join him and his family...but perhaps we should just have folks meet him at the Superchargers! He does have 45 minutes or so at each stop while waiting for his Model S to top off!

Nope, We need to think bigger. We have time to plan. Plan to join him in spring. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I am very concerned about his security and security of his family, hope he has a Prototype Model X driving behind him packing some heat.

LOL, Maybe Tesla should send the X to Brazil to get it bullet proofed too.

From a PR perspective, I really like de704's idea.

But I am with Bonnie in being concerned that he doesn't get much time with his family. I'd hate for him to have to be "on" for customers during this whole trip with his kids. We need him to not burn out on his job!

Maybe customers could generally symbolically follow him one Supercharger behind? With a couple of pre-determined meeting spots on the way. I think that's a good compromise, but imagine the problem is that some celebrity-seekers will ignore the protocol and just hang around Superchargers waiting to pounce.

> hope he has a Prototype Model X driving behind him [GenIIIbuyer]

At least a few, like a mini POTUS caravan in DC. If they need an empty, wide open spaces fix I'm sure they'll find it at the Lusk, WY SC. Unless I spoil it by showing up there myself. :frown:
--

Although it would be fun to join Elon, I hope he can really spend the time with his kids. He is probably going to be doing this at a very fast pace, and will miss a lot of sights. The joy of a true road trip is really exploring, not keeping to a strict publicity schedule. I hope he only tells us that he did the trip after he had finished it for the sake of those boys.

But I am with Bonnie in being concerned that he doesn't get much time with his family. I'd hate for him to have to be "on" for customers during this whole trip with his kids. We need him to not burn out on his job!

So it wouldn't be a good idea to hang out at the Quartzsite supercharger with the intention of asking Elon to autograph my sun visor? Is it technically stalking if I'm just hanging out somewhere, waiting for someone to show up, as opposed to actively pursuing the person?

lol... or course I'm just kidding. But I'm tempted!

Maybe customers could generally symbolically follow him one Supercharger behind? With a couple of pre-determined meeting spots on the way. I think that's a good compromise, but imagine the problem is that some celebrity-seekers will ignore the protocol and just hang around Superchargers waiting to pounce.

As much as I like the idea, IMHO this is the most thought out response on the matter. I am amazed by the sincere care by ChadS and everyone else on this forum for the well being of Elon, who we all admire, and for this amazing company. I am proud to be part of this community!

That'd be fun, but...the resulting press release would be "hundreds of cars waiting for Supercharger...cars wait days to refuel".
That probably wouldn't be good.
Exactly what I was thinking. It's going to be hard to have a caravan of more than 8 or so Model S given you can't recharge more than that simultaneously. And it kind of sounds like he's targeting a low amount of time spent charging for marketing purposes, so it seems likely they'll be blocking off the second paired Supercharger port when he's filling up.

Hey
I agree with your thinking spa4rk, repect privacy and absolutely no stalking, however if Mr. Musk approves having us Tesla owners, meet and greet him at supercharge stations would be neat.....
First showing support of our Models and rally to cheer him on! I think he would get a kick on just how many would show up.... and remember that could be all hours of the day!

However, again if he approves...... naturally photo opt might be nice!