Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Carolina Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Tesla Supercharger thread someone showed a picture of the supercharger status screen at Hawthorne. The picture showed the South Carolina SC as "coming soon." Some superchargers that have been announced weren't even on there as coming soon!

Does this mean the I-95 South Carolina Supercharger is further along than we think? My guess is it's in permitting right now!

I think the group consensus is that it's probably going to be in Santee somewhere. Is anyone going to be passing through anytime soon in the next week or two or three that could do some treasure hunting? I'm an hour away so not convienently close enough to go look without any type of lead.

Whe I spoke to the supercharger people on Sunday, they said the SC supercharger would be on line in 4-6 weeks. He said the location would be announced 2 weeks before completion. According to the person I spoke to, they are keeping the locations secret because people would go to the sites, video them and post the videos on YouTube. Don't understand why this would bother them.

Does anyone have visual confirmation that Lumberton is actually under construction already? I haven't seen any pics up to this point.

I don't believe so. Hopefully we'll find out next week as there is a TMC member that will be going from Raleigh to Charleston and said that he may be able to stop by and look for progress - Tesla Supercharger network - Page 261

Also are you part of our Carolina's FB group? - https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinasTeslaOwnersAndFans/

Whe I spoke to the supercharger people on Sunday, they said the SC supercharger would be on line in 4-6 weeks. He said the location would be announced 2 weeks before completion. According to the person I spoke to, they are keeping the locations secret because people would go to the sites, video them and post the videos on YouTube. Don't understand why this would bother them.

Awesome, thanks! I agree, what's the problem with people stopping by? (as long as people don't bother the construction workers and slow them down ;) )

Are they putting it on 95? I could see it near the big exit there at Santee but for some reason I thought they would aim for Columbia near 77/20/26 to catch as many people as possible. I guess 95 does make sense if they want to allow people run run from Florida up to the northeast though.

Are they putting it on 95? I could see it near the big exit there at Santee but for some reason I thought they would aim for Columbia near 77/20/26 to catch as many people as possible. I guess 95 does make sense if they want to allow people run run from Florida up to the northeast though.

Ya they're mostly doing it for the east coast route. Doesn't look like they plan on having one around Columbia at least for the time being (up to 2015). Feel free to join to Carolina's FB group as well if you already haven't.

Santee, SC Supercharger

I spoke with Santee's Tourism office. It is supposed to be at Clark's Inn, in the field adjacent.

Clark Santee, South Carolina

SanteeSupercharger.png

They don't believe any construction has started, but that it should start very soon.

This is the exit I thought of when I heard I-95. There is a Mickey D's, Burger King, Maurice's BBQ (which I happen to stop at every time I head down to pawleys island) Cracker Barrel, etc. There are also a few gas stations although I am not sure what those are for. ;)

This is great for me. It's 150 miles from my door to it and less than a hundred from it to Pawleys. I wish it would be ready in 2 weeks because I would take the Tesla on my next visit, but I guess I will have to wait until spring to give it a try!

Last edited:
This is GREAT!

The holiday in across the street is where I stay when I drive to the St Pete area of FL with the dog. Holiday Inn is pet friendly and like $100 a night -- newly renovated a couple of years ago -- nice place to stop!

WOOT!

Aaron