Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland Park, IL Service Center!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got notification today through the Tesla Owners club - Chicago chapter, that the Highland park SC is opening on 12-20.

Address:

1200 Old Skokie Road
Highland Park, IL

Really looking forward to this as the location is right on my way to work , nice emergency charging option plus will be much more convienient that going all the way to Villa Park.

Does anyone know exactly where this is and how to get to it? South off of Deerfield Road?

It is pretty easy to get to from an exit ramp off of 41 depending on where you are coming from. If you are familiar with the area it is in a warehouse next to the dog care place which used to have a chromed gorilla climbing it.

Routed my run so I would go by the HP service center today. I have been keeping an eye on it for a few months but in the past week it has really come together. It looks like there will be 6-8 service bays, a small store area and a delivery/indoor storage area behind the store. Also,...there are four supercharger stalls. This is a good location, just down the road from Audi and Porsche dealers. Sorry for the poor quality pics, just had my phone and was in a hurry.
IMG_0393.jpg
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the Chicago dot, or if there will be another one. This one is off of I-94, a little off-course from the east-west route. However, it's only 130 miles from Mishawaka, IN, and without it, it would be 190 miles from Rockford to Mishawaka, so this would help, even if it's a little off-course.

Routed my run so I would go by the HP service center today. I have been keeping an eye on it for a few months but in the past week it has really come together. It looks like there will be 6-8 service bays, a small store area and a delivery/indoor storage area behind the store. Also,...there are four supercharger stalls. This is a good location, just down the road from Audi and Porsche dealers. Sorry for the poor quality pics, just had my phone and was in a hurry.

great catch, I also drove by this afternoon on my way home from work but I didn't catch the super chargers that look like they are on the south side of the building. This is fantastic and would be the first instance I'm aware of that Tesla has put a supercharger in connection with a service center. This will be very interesting for me especially since as I've said this is right on my way to work, theoretically I could stop in for a cup of coffee in the morning and just recharge there everyday!

I wonder if this is the Chicago dot, or if there will be another one. This one is off of I-94, a little off-course from the east-west route. However, it's only 130 miles from Mishawaka, IN, and without it, it would be 190 miles from Rockford to Mishawaka, so this would help, even if it's a little off-course.
I bet long term the plan is to have another one closer to the city, whether they can locate a good location may take a little bit. The initial map had a dot by Gary, IN but they shifted it up to Chicago probably due to air quality/ crime concerns. However, the Elon cross country map had a travel from Rockford down I-90 to a supercharger in the city area, so it will probably come soon. The service center is in a more industrial area and there are no restaurants in walking distance, so I take it that this was more of a opportunity supercharger(transmission lines are immediately behind the service center so relatively cheap power drop) vs. one of their long term travel ones, and no one except for truckers trying to allude tolls road-trips on this stretch of 41 for very long.

I bet long term the plan is to have another one closer to the city, whether they can locate a good location may take a little bit. The initial map had a dot by Gary, IN but they shifted it up to Chicago probably due to air quality/ crime concerns. However, the Elon cross country map had a travel from Rockford down I-90 to a supercharger in the city area, so it will probably come soon. The service center is in a more industrial area and there are no restaurants in walking distance, so I take it that this was more of a opportunity supercharger(transmission lines are immediately behind the service center so relatively cheap power drop) vs. one of their long term travel ones, and no one except for truckers trying to allude tolls road-trips on this stretch of 41 for very long.

though between this SC in Highland Park and the Pleasant Praire SC you could take 94 on the cross country route instead of 90. Not ideal but doable, it's only 15-20 miles extra compared to going Via Rockford.

Side question: is a SC installation now part of service centers opening? Do we know if there are other service centers with SCs or if they will be adding them to existing? I ask because it would be nice to have something in MSP as there isn't any SCs around the area and trying to road trip there is a pain to find a charge back home.

My latest intel is that there may be "a few" in Chicago.

Awesome, that would make a lot of sense. The service center is within close walking distance of no restaurants or much of entertainment value (it's neighbors are a high end personal trainer taking the other half of the building, a dog care place and a painting companies office) I'm sure this will help some people in a crunch but is probably meant to help the service center prep cars for delivery and test hardware installs.
so..does your intel go as far as to locations/timetables?

Great news. As a former resident (Lake Forest, Woodstock, Northfield) who motors back there at least twice a year, I am now looking forward to gas-free visits, hopefully next year. The presence of superchargers is especially welcome since my old house does not have enough reserve capacity to install a 240V line.