Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michigan - Indiana Supercharger Dec-11 Ribbon Cutting Event (IL-IN-MI-OH event)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aphysician

Member, Michigan Chapter
May 3, 2013
Metro Detroit, MI
Hi Folks,

Many of you may have already received an email about this event. I think it is a great chance to meet owners from different areas. Please see below if you haven't received an email. Thought will start a thread where we can plan something in such short time and have a tentative RSVP list. Hope this thread helps to share ideas and experiences at the event. Please put down your name if you plan to attend the event.

Join us for the Michigan and Indiana Supercharger Openings!

Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies

St. Joseph Supercharger
3260 Niles Road, St. Joseph, MI 49085
Wednesday, December 11th at 10am

Mishawaka Supercharger
6501 Grape Road, Mishawaka, IN 46545
Wednesday, December 11th at 12pm

We are excited to announce two new Supercharger locations in the Midwest. To commemorate this important milestone for Tesla and our Midwest community, we would like to invite you, your family and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremonies and celebrate with us.

15 people, 5 cars, short segment on the TV news, and a nice article with picture of a Tesla plugged in the South Bend Tribune with a few quotes from me and more from the Tesla representative.
RLS and I had a nice time on the very cold and snowy day. I had washed the car in my garage the night before and RLS had run his through a car wash for the first and maybe last time. No visible damage.

The weather was against us at the St. Joseph SC. I was the only owner to show up between 10:00 to 11:00. Not sure if anyone showed up afterward, but given the road conditions, the Tesla team had to leave for South Bend. I am glad you had a better turnout in Mishawaka. In addition to my car we had 2 cars from Tesla, including a P85+. I was somewhat impressed that he made it with the 21" performance tires. I did not take any pictures, but we did have a reporter and photographer from the local paper: http://www.heraldpalladium.com/news...cle_e6523873-8f3e-584f-8a89-1beac8d9a408.html. Tesla also hired a local photographer to cover the event so perhaps I can get some pictures to post later.