Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macedonia, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A thread dedicated the the construction and progress of the Macedonia, OH supercharger.

Google Maps -
http://goo.gl/VhoufB
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated)

Also below are some pictures from user FatSal from another thread.

IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0861.jpg

For those heading out there, the SC site is located is off of route 82 (E Aurora Rd), in the parking lot near OfficeMax and opposite the Steak 'n Shake / Pizza Hut (as seen in the pictures above). Slightly different from the original address @ 8210 Macedonia Commons Boulevard, maybe, but still in the same plaza.

ojb83yY.jpg

As promised, here are a few update photos from the snowy Macedonia, OH Supercharger. There's a tent up over the charger portion of the site, but I was able to peak through a hole in the tent to get a photo.

IMG_6380.jpg

The entire site. Parking spaces on the right of the tent.

IMG_6381.jpg

Parking spaces. Newly installed First Energy transformer.

IMG_6386.jpg

Peak inside the tent. No charging equipment installed yet.

Jake -- I've got my eye on it too. I'm planning another trip to Michigan on 12/23, but still debating between taking the Tesla or the Prius..... Superchargers in MD and OH would make the trip a lot easier.

Are you going to be around? We may be up for another pit stop at your place.

Greg.

Thanks so much Newdl, but I have a NEMA 14-50 in Hudson where I will be staying. I just wanted to try Supercharging for the first time as a novelty!

Greg G, you are welcome to use my HPWC if you dare make the trip again in colder weather. It's really too bad this batch of SCs didn't make it online for Holiday travel, but by Spring Break this should be a distant memory.

Jake -- I've got my eye on it too. I'm planning another trip to Michigan on 12/23, but still debating between taking the Tesla or the Prius..... Superchargers in MD and OH would make the trip a lot easier.

Are you going to be around? We may be up for another pit stop at your place.

Greg.

Greg where in Michigan are you traveling. Let me know if you need to Charge in Michigan (I have an HPWC at my home and one at our office).

Michiganmodels -- thanks for the offer. I'm actually heading to the Michigan suburbs of Toledo, OH. (My mom lives 1/2 mile across the state line.) It looks like this will be a trip in the Prius, but thankfully my last.

There is a SC under construction in Toledo, OH. I'm under a gag order on further details, but I can say this will be your last trip in the Prius for that trip.

There is a SC under construction in Toledo, OH. I'm under a gag order on further details, but I can say this will be your last trip in the Prius for that trip.
!

Well, I've been checking council minutes in a number of the popular places (Toledo, Maumee, Perrysburg, Springfield Twp) and found nothing, although Holland hasn't posted any for the past few months. I'm curious now why you're not allowed to disclose the info. I'd go scout around this weekend, but it's a lot of areas to check out... did I miss something or am I looking in the wrong places?

Fresh update from the Macedonia location. Stopped by today. Doesn't look like it will be finished by Christmas or New Years. Probably first week of January, I would guess.

IMG_6390.jpg

Banner sign out front now.

IMG_6391.jpg

Parking spots with frames for charging cables.

IMG_6394.jpg

Inside tent. Brick enclosure for charging equipment going up.