Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber wrapped the frunk plastic liner panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the black plastic trim panels for the frunk covered in 3M carbon fiber vinyl wrap this am. Took 3 hours and cost about $250. It finishes off the frunk in a way that much exceeded my expectations. I also added a Tesla logo between the wiper locations on the top panel.

_DSC4267.JPG

_DSC4262.JPG

_DSC4266.JPG

_DSC4263.JPG

That looks great! Did you do it yourself?

No, I had it done by D&L Tinting here in Maryland. They previously tinted my windows and carbon fiber wrapped my nose cone, the front and rear diffusers, and both side strakes. They are very meticulous and do excellent work. This was very spur of the moment. Dropped in this morning at D&L around 8am and left at 11am with everything done.

Copy away! This is hardly a novel idea:)

I see according to your sig, that you also have 3M Crystalline window tint. I did not like the look of that on mine on my rear window, especially on black. The Crystalline tint looks purple on the rear window. As I've seen others with Crystalline also showing looking 'purple' (due to some sort of reaction between the film and some coating finish Tesla is putting on the rear windows), I'm guessing yours has the same effect. I just had the Crystalline on my rear window replaced Friday with Madico Charcool 20%, and finally it looks so much better. I don't know how you feel about it, but if you have this same effect and it's bothering you on the look of your car, I highly recommend switching to a different tint to fix this.

I've noted in the past about how mine looks purple here in some comparison shots. You can easily see the rear window shots look purple on mine. Model S - Window Tinting - Page 39

And here are some before and after shots with the new tint. Madico Charcool 20% on my rear window. Finally looks awesome and no more purple effect: Model S - Window Tinting - Page 52

I see according to your sig, that you also have 3M Crystalline window tint. I did not like the look of that on mine on my rear window, especially on black. The Crystalline tint looks purple on the rear window. As I've seen others with Crystalline also showing looking 'purple' (due to some sort of reaction between the film and some coating finish Tesla is putting on the rear windows), I'm guessing yours has the same effect. I just had the Crystalline on my rear window replaced Friday with Madico Charcool 20%, and finally it looks so much better. I don't know how you feel about it, but if you have this same effect and it's bothering you on the look of your car, I highly recommend switching to a different tint to fix this.

I've noted in the past about how mine looks purple here in some comparison shots. You can easily see the rear window shots look purple on mine. Model S - Window Tinting - Page 39

And here are some before and after shots with the new tint. Madico Charcool 20% on my rear window. Finally looks awesome and no more purple effect: Model S - Window Tinting - Page 52

Not a problem for me, at least one that I've noticed. But I'll look more carefully.

artsci, you're quickly becoming my mods hero! Can you tell me where/how you obtained the Red Tesla "T"? I probably wouldn't pay to get the CF lining, but I think applying the T alone would look great.

I ordered these from DYI Lettering. Goshen Holmes has handled my orders. I sent him a jpg of the logo and told him the size and color I wanted. I've used these for a number of things and I'm very happy with the results.