Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto SC Grand Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Toronto SC Opening Very Soon

I was just down at the SC by the Toronto airport today and it looks like the new SC will open mid November, if everything works out well.

Apparently the new location is around Lawrence and DVP.

Can't wait!

e4.

I also heard they are looking to open up another SC in the Oakville area :)..early next year.

e4.

That doesn't appear to make a lot of sense as Oakville and Mississauga are right next to each other. You'd think the next SC would be somewhere like London or Ottawa. Or if the overwhelming majority of the cars are in the GTA then maybe a little farther west like Burlington or Hamilton? (I guess I'm a little biased).

Are you sure....or was that a joke? That would be awesome! There sure are a lot of Models S's out here. I see more Model S than Volts, and analysts say the Volt is too expensive. I know of at least 2 MS owners within a couple of blocks of me.

He didn't sound like he was joking....might be Oakville or Burlington area. But there will be another SC.

Ottawa would be great. There must be enough cars in the area by now to support a service center.

Ottawa makes a lot of sense. I guess they have to look at where the concentration of cars are, but it seems a bit odd to put a second SC in Toronto before other areas in Ontario even have their first. But what do I know? I'm sure Tesla has some pretty good data on where people are coming from and where their Rangers have to travel to.

I was just down at the SC by the Toronto airport today and it looks like the new SC will open mid November, if everything works out well.

Apparently the new location is around Lawrence and DVP.

Can't wait!

e4.

I just booked today for the 18th, so I assume I still go out to Missisauga, although I am thrilled to use the Lawrence location. I thought I had heard somewhere, that they would be occupying the old Aklands location....17,000 Square feet so this will be a very nice facility I'm sure.

Jon indicated that he'll be going to the new Lawrence location for deliveries.

As for Ottawa and other locations - I tend to agree that they should open more SC in Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa area. The more they have, the more customers they can serve. And since ordering online is so easy, the Yorkdale location is only there for sales support. You would think that the SC locations would be able to serve both purposes (sales and service; like traditional auto shops)....but may that's in the future.

In an email conversation with my DS about Ranger service, he said "The good news is that there will be a service center in Ottawa shortly"... Let's hope "shortly" is weeks or months, not years.

And on that topic (I asked him but haven't got an answer yet), if I get the unlimited Ranger service now because there's no SC in Ottawa yet, and then one opens here, does that $125/yr have any value for me any more?

In an email conversation with my DS about Ranger service, he said "The good news is that there will be a service center in Ottawa shortly"... Let's hope "shortly" is weeks or months, not years.

"Soon" in Tesla-speak usually means at least 6-8 months.

If they are saying that, then I'm sure they have at least started the process of choosing a location. Of course there's still negotiating a lease, build-out, etc.

And on that topic (I asked him but haven't got an answer yet), if I get the unlimited Ranger service now because there's no SC in Ottawa yet, and then one opens here, does that $125/yr have any value for me any more?

Might not be. Depends on when the SC is actually up and running. But if you need on-the-road service even once a year, you're at break-even.