Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotel in Monterey CA with EV charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reviving old thread - going to Monterey in a few weeks and taking the MS. Staying at the Marriott and see there are chargers at a public garage nearby but the chargers are listed as "1 SP, 1 AVCON and 1 conductive." Anyone know if these will work with a Tesla?

We stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa in Monterey last month. They have valet charging via 4 SemaConnect ChargePro's in their private valet parking garage. The first night they plugged me in ok but the EVSE wasn't working. I was able to tell via my Tesla app. I contacted the valet and we walked down to the garage to figure out what was happening. I moved the connection to the next ChargePro over and it worked fine. They valets had done it right but the one EVSE just wasn't working properly. Called in a trouble ticket to Sema Connect that day so they should be all working. It is a very nice hotel, not cheap though, I do recommend.

We stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa in Monterey last month. They have valet charging via 4 SemaConnect ChargePro's in their private valet parking garage. The first night they plugged me in ok but the EVSE wasn't working. I was able to tell via my Tesla app. I contacted the valet and we walked down to the garage to figure out what was happening. I moved the connection to the next ChargePro over and it worked fine

What kind of plug and charging standard does SemaConnect provide? I went to their website and couldn't find that information, which seemed odd.

Is SemaConnect J1772? The Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula has several SemaConnect chargers that I might want to use in the future, I work there occasionally.