Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lumberton, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
I got some information today that indicates the southeastern North Carolina supercharger will be in Lumberton off the Fayetteville Road exit from I-95 near the Texas Steakhouse. Looking at the Google Map, it looks like a prime location as it is close to I-95 and seems to have lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Any ideas on how to search for permits in the area?

Here's the rumored location:

Google Maps

Early July? Uh, yeah, it'll be done by then. It's on Tesla's map for "Fall 2013" completion!

Thanks pgiralt for the tip. Now somebody get out there and look for a construction site. Then we can start to gauge completion date ...

Yes - I think it will probably be done by end of year. From what I understand, the process is already underway (don't know if that just means they have started pulling permits and hiring the contractor).

I did a tour of the NC Superchargers for the first time this weekend on a visit to family. The Rocky Mount charger is in the parking lot of a Texas Steakhouse, so maybe they have some kind of deal.

As an added note, love the Burlington location. Parking lot was jam packed on a Friday night, but only 2 spots ICE'd and plenty of food/shopping options an easy walking distance away. Not so much in Rocky Mount, but that's Eastern NC for ya.

Sitting outside this location. No sign of the supercharger. Asked the staff of Texas steakhouse and they did not know about it. So it has not started yet. There is a great BBQ ( Smithfield) across the street. Will be a great location when done.

Does anyone live close to the Lumberton, NC location? Supposedly the address is 5093 Fayetteville Road Lumberton, NC 28358 and is to be placed very close to the Texas Steakhouse. I just wanted to create a thread for this confirmed location and see if we could get some status updates/pictures from anyone in the area. Thanks.

Recargo link - http://www.recargo.com/sites/11350
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

Here are some shots from a TMC member fdog and also an estimate of where the location is on the map based on his pictures. Unfortunately thats as much as I could zoom into Google Maps.

1455849_10101197366789278_470672869_n.jpg

1460131_10101197365751358_2008140729_n.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Also I think this location still has a decent bit of work to be done. The contractors that were working on Santee, SC are in the process of moving to this location. Should be done before the end of January but obviously not in time for Christmas travel.

Yea, when I was there today, it was clear they were just getting started--the workers were diging a trench in front of the parking spaces to route conduit/high voltage wires. We also stopped by the Santee Supercharger, and they still have a couple of crates and a shipping container on-site there. They also hadn't built any wooden fencing around the charging equipment racks, like they've done at other sites that I've seen (Burlington, NC). I'm guessing that'll come after successful electrical inspections.

One other thing to be aware of with the Lumbeton site is that the NC DOT is replacing the I-95 overpass at exit 22, so it's a huge pain to get off of 95 here. Traffic was backed up down the exit ramp, almost into the flow of 95 traffic--took us 3 red light cycles to get off I-95. Though, the DOT will probably have that completed in the next few months.

I actually like this location much better that the other nearby SC locations (Burlington, Santee) since there're much more prominent, and not as isolated from everything. Hope that doesn't mean these spots are likely to get ICE'd.