Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Philly area service center moving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard today that Philly service center, now in Norristown, will be moving to Devon, PA in a couple months (January/February). New location is a soon to be vacated Toyota dealership. The site's gotta be 6x the size of the current service center, and can obviously accommodate sales as well so perhaps a showroom floor that will supplement the King of Prussia store.

New location

If you look at West Norrison township meeting minutes, it looks like every month Tesla had to keep applying for some sort of exemption/extension for the service center they had there. I don't think they were technically 'allowed' to store cars like a dealer lot or something like that...zoning rules I think.

That's a nice facility from the looks of it. Hope I never need it though.... holding out for Pittsburgh location!

Does Tesla typically shop for unused/vacated dealership structures or have they build NEW before?
Just wondering how aggressively I should hound them to set up shop within my zip code. :smile:

I am not aware of any new builds. But i am certainly not knowledgeable enough to even make an educated guess.

Heard today that Philly service center, now in Norristown, will be moving to Devon, PA in a couple months (January/February). New location is a soon to be vacated Toyota dealership. The site's gotta be 6x the size of the current service center, and can obviously accommodate sales as well so perhaps a showroom floor that will supplement the King of Prussia store.

New location

When I spoke to them on Saturday when I was there for service the location was not finalized yet but that was the "top choice" so to speak. So unless something has changes since then that location may not be final yet.

Interesting. Last word was they were moving to a neighboring warehouse and getting new machinery. Guess they wanted to plan for more space.

They told me that they had already out grown that possible location so they were looking for something they could grow into.

Just visited the new service center in Devon, PA. Was informed by the very nice young lady behind the desk that they moved in last week and that this "store" (not a dealership) was in addition to the one at the KoP mall. This is a combination; gallery, service, delivery, and sales store. Spoke to an owner getting his summer wheels put on so they do service on Sat. The furniture is a little sparse and the protective film isn't off all the computer screens yet but they are functioning. I'm scheduled to have the battery shield put on Mon. May 12th. Getting a loaner. Will let you all know how it goes.

Just visited the new service center in Devon, PA. Was informed by the very nice young lady behind the desk that they moved in last week and that this "store" (not a dealership) was in addition to the one at the KoP mall. This is a combination; gallery, service, delivery, and sales store. Spoke to an owner getting his summer wheels put on so they do service on Sat. The furniture is a little sparse and the protective film isn't off all the computer screens yet but they are functioning. I'm scheduled to have the battery shield put on Mon. May 12th. Getting a loaner. Will let you all know how it goes.

Nice! Any word when the entire place will officially open?