Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was just posted on the other forum.

Whoa, do my eyes deceive me or does the "Coming Soon" section of the new Supercharger Map show a bright red dot smack in the middle of Chicago?
Where did that come from? More important, where do you think it's going?

Even more important, when is it coming?

This was just posted on the other forum.

Whoa, do my eyes deceive me or does the "Coming Soon" section of the new Supercharger Map show a bright red dot smack in the middle of Chicago?
Where did that come from? More important, where do you think it's going?

Even more important, when is it coming?

hmm, interesting. My guess is they decided they needed something in Chicago to complete the East West cross country route. I guess that shows how much they are prioritizing getting that completed and drive-able by everyone, even 60 owners. Will be interesting to see where they end up putting it. It actually looks like it could be near where I work in Northbrook, IL. My guess is it will be north of the 94/294 interchange but there are not a ton of good locations along the tollway there. I would say the lake forest Oasis http://www.illinoistollway.com/roadway-information/oases/oasis-lake-forest is the leading candidate but that would mean building two SC, one for north and one for south bound travel, plus there just isn't a ton of parking at the oasis to be used up by SC's. If they put it south of the interchange they would need to pick either 94 through down town (shorter route, a ton of traffic) or the 294 bypass (longer route, still a lot of traffic). My bet is they avoid that choice and just put it before the two Hwys diverge.

on zooming into the map though this is maybe not the plan since it looks like this is closer to where 90 comes into Chicago than anything else. That interchange is very busy and real estate would be even harder to come by around there. Maybe out in the western suburbs some where? Not as familiar with that area.

Last edited:
I doubt it is Lake Forest. That would b really close to Pleasant Prairie and not enable travel down from Rockford on 90 like the published XC map shows. Would be cool if it was close to the city but also may be O'hare/Rosemont. Also, if they include ones at Service Centers they are building out at 1200 old skokie road in Highland Park.

Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 6.17.53 PM.png

Reviving this thread for a much needed update. The "Coming Soon" map of the TM Supercharger page shows a red dot which appears to be at or near the confluence of I-80 and I-57 in the southwest suburbs. Any of you guys/gals have any idea of exactly where this might be and the stage of its development? Anybody there willing to track this down?

Last edited: