Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on Tesla website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the "Buy" link at the top right not end in a 404 for anybody? What if I really wanted to buy one RIGHT NOW? (Granted, seems a bit ridiculous coming from a destitute college student, but hey, I'm sure somebody's asking it)

Yeah, it's 404ing for me at the country selector page.

But then again it was a small link buried in that blog entry and not on the homepage :smile:

I'm sure it will be there soon. Just don't buy them all before I wake up :biggrin:

The purchasing pages are now live...

thank_you.jpg

I did the $5,000 deposit for the Model S and was directed to the reservation agreement website. From reading it through, it appears that the $10,000 Roadster owner discount still applies even after the Signature 1,000.

From earlier reports, I thought that the $10,000 discount was only available if a Roadster owner does the Signature 1,000 with the $40,000 deposit. That is not accurate.

The only qualificatio is that you be a Roadster owner when you receive your Model S. You will receive the $10,000 discount from whatever the standard price is at that time.

The agreement specifically states that the purchase price is still being determined. So that figure of $57,400 or $49,900 with rebate, is only an estimate. The contract specifically gives Tesla the ability to change the price later if they need to.

But it does appear that Roadster owners will get a $10,000 break from whatever the final price is set at. So with the $10,000 discount plus the $7,500 tax rebate, I might actually get this at a reasonable price. And there are no sales taxes for EVs in the state of Washington.

I am not interested in the Signature 1,000 series. I am going to specifically request #1,001 or soon thereafter. I don't want to leave $40,000 in a deposit for 3 years. I am fine risking $5,000 on Tesla's future.

Also, I think that giving Tesla about 1,000 cars would be wise to get the kinks out of the system.