Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Call to Action, Taking the Dealers Head on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I invite you to send you congressman an email outlining Tesla's fight against the dealers. Cite consumer surveys, the petition, and other research (Elon quotes)
POLL FROM AUSTIN BUSINESS JOURNAL SHOWS OVERWHELMING PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR TESLA MOTORS SELLING ELECTRIC CARS DIRECT TO CONSUMERS IN TEXAS | Press Releases | Tesla Motors
allow Tesla Motors to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

I emailed my congressman Aaron Schock, Believer in alternative energy (and fracking :( and oil wells :( and the keystone pipeline :( basically anything US), inviting him to arrange a Test drive and talk out the issue.

I would cater the email to that persons personal beliefs. EX: I outlined the fact that electric cars can only use US energy since you can't import electricity.
Let me know what you think.

Obama is probably 95% not going to respond to the petition (mopping up Obamacare disaster :cursing:)

Obama is probably 95% not going to respond to the petition (mopping up Obamacare disaster :cursing:)

Oh hush with that! Not like he's sitting there re-programming the site lol Here is the problem in Texas, the oil industry is not only opposed to Tesla's success, they are actively trying to muck up the works. Add in the GOP opposition to anything pro-science or pro-environment and you have Tesla caught in the triangulation. Elon needs a POLITICAL operation, and it appears he doesnt as of yet. Pretending the threat is just market based, and not ideological intransigence is a huge mistake IMHO and since this is my line of work, I think my opinion carries a bit of weight here. :tongue: