Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #502 to be listed for sale soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
Well, I've finally decided to sell my beloved Roadster #502. I love the car, but with my Model S as good as it is, and some lifestyle choices my family is making, the Roadster just sits most days in our garage. It deserves a home with an owner that drives it and can get more appreciation from it than I can.

I'll list it in a few weeks, but if anyone on the forum has been searching for a high-end roadster (original sticker $160,145: 2.0 Sport, Red/Black, full CF package, black-out alloy wheels, Leather package, paint armor, HID upgrade, etc.), please PM me here and will let them know more when I research recent prices, etc.

This was the very first Roadster Sport 2.0 and was Tesla's demo unit that toured around the country for them. I bought it "new" from Tesla with around 16,600 miles on it, but factory put an entirely new interior in the car, new tires, etc. so it was essentially a new car with a fresh warranty at that time.

34,800 miles on it now.

Perfectly maintained, serviced, etc.

--josh

Plenty of pictures of it posted on the forum elsewhere by me... a few highlights:

Tesla Roadster 502-1.jpg

Tesla Roadster 502-2.jpg

Tesla Roadster 502-5.jpg

Pardon my ignorance but...

Can one of our Roadster experts make a wiki so we can start capturing the differences between the various Roadster versions? I'm an interested buyer at some point in the future and would love to have this to reference.

Thanks, ChadS (and TEG!) as that's a great start. It's definitely a good foundation but I still find myself asking "if I get a 2.0 instead of a 2.5, what am I losing out on" (tech and/or styling) when seeing threads like this one.

Thanks, ChadS (and TEG!) as that's a great start. It's definitely a good foundation but I still find myself asking "if I get a 2.0 instead of a 2.5, what am I losing out on" (tech and/or styling) when seeing threads like this one.

I thought it answered those two questions in detail. No? Granted, TEG just lists things as 'changes' from year to year, and not what you're missing out on. Some people prefer the 2.0 over 2.5 styling, for instance. Personal preference. But the info is all there.

I thought it answered those two questions in detail. No? Granted, TEG just lists things as 'changes' from year to year, and not what you're missing out on. Some people prefer the 2.0 over 2.5 styling, for instance. Personal preference. But the info is all there.
I want more details. For example:
Revised PEM and Motor with better cooling capability.
I don't have a good feel for whether this will matter to me or not without more specifics about when I'd get value out of the difference.