Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster shaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
À few times i had my roadster shaking the feeling of à flat tire.

what happens i'm driving and suddenly my car starts shaking from the back same feeling as à flat tier but i don't have one.
The car still goth all the power.

when i stop the car and start driving again the shaking is gone.

does anyone now where this can come from? Engine problem or so?? Any ideas ?

Definitely not an engine problem - you don't have one. If your motor was out of balance it would probably fail catastrophically.

I would have the suspension inspected, to make sure something didn't break or come loose. I would do this ASAP.

À few times i had my roadster shaking the feeling of à flat tire.

what happens i'm driving and suddenly my car starts shaking from the back same feeling as à flat tier but i don't have one.
The car still goth all the power.

when i stop the car and start driving again the shaking is gone.

does anyone now where this can come from? Engine problem or so?? Any ideas ?

>À few times i had my roadster shaking the feeling of à flat tire.
>what happens i'm driving and suddenly my car starts shaking from the back same feeling as à flat tier but i don't have one.
>when i stop the car and start driving again the shaking is gone.

If it happens a few times, stops once you stop and doesn't not restart its a very inconsistent problem So either something is out of balance that settles back down and falls into balance once you stop, or something in the system is interacting with the drive system causing the unbalance. I was going to say check you're rear wheel balancing, but if the issue does not occur again when you stop and bring the car back up to speed that's not the issue. How many miles do you have on the Roadster? I have a feeling its most likely with the drivetrain: Rear Axles/CV joints, transmission, and as Doug mentioned possibly the motor/bearings.

I don't like vibration, especially in EVs since the motor is very temperamental and life depends on being properly balanced. Vibrations that work their way to the motor and will kill it in no time which starts first with the bearings pre-maturely wearing out due to the stress.

Also check your easy things mentioned such as the rear shroud bolts or if the TC light is on/flashing while it occurs.

The camber in the rear tires is rather extreme to optimize traction and accelerate o. Take off. Wears tires fast. Suggest inspection and be sure tires are okay. I had a similar experience in my Model S and found quite to my surprise that the belts were exposed at inner edge of true. Replaced and smooooth driving again. Maybe too obvious to be the cause t his pint, thought worth mentioning.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and also be sure you are in your Roadster. My Tesla was driving very poorly recently, really bumpy ride, poor handling, and the acceleration was miserable. Thought it might be tires, my inverter, or traction control, and then I realized I was in my wife's car. Which, for a Toyota , drives okay.