Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Tesla Owners Chit-Chat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Btrflyl8e

MSLR, W/W 21s FSD 1145 DEL 11/26 VIN MF454
Supporting Member
Mar 24, 2013
Seminole, FL
Thanks Nigel. Turns out I didn't need to make more calls. Got a call from Gene Perez this afternoon. The parts are in and they hope to have my car finished by tomorrow evening. I have to admit this is an unbelievably quick result from Gene Perez, and quite different from most experiences either I or my friends have had with that shop. I'll update after I get the car tomorrow, but assume it is the usual quality work they do, they will have my unqualified endorsement.

Also excited because I'll have the car for my Sarasota trip this Thursday through Sunday. Anyone up for an impromptu meetup, preferably at a Sarasota bar showing the FSU game, on Saturday?

EDIT: I've always wanted to meet this mysterious person labeled "Larry Chanin." Does he truly exist, or is he just a legend........?
Oh he's real, here's a picture!
bigfoot.jpg

No offense, Larry. You in no way resemble this guy!

Pulling in to the Ft. Myers Supercharger Monday about 5pm and the white gate was open. Mark one of Tesla's technicians was repairing the Supercharger. He had flown from California to Tampa then driven down to Ft Myers. Will be also working the Port St Lucie and St Augustine Superchargers. Mark was a great guy and we ended up having dinner at The Islamorada Fish Company.

Saturday I stopped in at the Tesla Drive Event in Naples. Met Lisa and two other Tesla employes from the west side of the state.
I'm always impressed with the caliber of employees Tesla has. Showed my Model S to two test drivers that were waiting for their drive.