Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Frunk mat doesn't fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I just got my car last Thursday. And I went to install my all-weather Tesla mats and got a surprise. The frank mat is too long. I took it to the service center and they checked it on another car that was in for service and it fit perfectly. After checking internal Tesla systems they found that changes had been made. A new frank mat is being designed.

Pretty silly they should have designed the mat at the same time as they made the changes that required a new mat.

Grrr. But I am loving the car.

Interesting... That wasn't there when mine was ordered from the site (I've had it for about a month). Guess its time to see if they'll take it back.

- - - Updated - - -

I really want to see pics/measurements of the "new frunk"....

I'll be in a spot where I can do a direct comparison tomorrow. My car is one of the new ones and my friend's is of the vintage variety.

I was at the Fremont service center today picking up some stuff after my tour and this came up. For some reason (unspecified) they needed to relocate the DC-DC converter from its previous location (I think he said front right of the car) to just behind the glove box. This reduced the size of the frunk "considerably." I don't have an older car to compare to so I can't say how big the change really was. He didn't expect an updated frunk mat to be available until January.