Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wisconsin Supercharger Discussion & Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For starters, you all already know now that the Madison Charger has begun installation! So how about that! What you don't know, Is that I was wrong about that one being the first SC. In fact, Tesla was being Sneaky. Somehow, they managed to install one RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE!!!!!!! I don't like the location one bit. But what is done is done. It's a Supercharger! What can I say. It's about 2 weeks from becoming operational. It's all installed, and just needs final finishing touches.
So without further Ado, I present, WISCONSIN's FIRST! SUPERCHARGER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find! By chance did you try plugging into them? At other stations that appear to be in the same state are up and running.

Peter
I tried, powers not turned on yet. As it is, I do not believe it safe to turn the power on until they do some buttoning up of the area. I will be to the Dells next weekend, so I will of course stop :) I doubt it, but maybe they will have something running. I wonder if Tesla is going to arrange a official event. Anyone know if they have a little event at every supercharger opening?

- - - Updated - - -

That location would be be Mauston, WI.
Behind Culver's
Yes it is :)

islandbayy: Great job finding this new Supercharger. Knowing that you have a family business in the Dells, it's a huge bummer that Mauston was chosen over the Dells. Maybe you can celebrate how it still makes the Dells very accessible to Minnesota Model S owners?

Thanks again for making the trip up to Mauston with family in the car to go check this out! Is you family understanding of your Tesla obsession?

Cheers,
David

islandbayy:
Typically, YES, there will be some sort of Ribbon Cutting as an official event.
I don't know about WI since it is now getting cold, but there will be TWO Ribbon Cuttings on the same day next Tuesday (Nov. 26) in Texas: Corsicana and Huntsville.

islandbayy: Great job finding this new Supercharger. Knowing that you have a family business in the Dells, it's a huge bummer that Mauston was chosen over the Dells. Maybe you can celebrate how it still makes the Dells very accessible to Minnesota Model S owners?

Thanks again for making the trip up to Mauston with family in the car to go check this out! Is you family understanding of your Tesla obsession?

Cheers,
David

:) Well, I will be their every week until it's open or a official word is given.

Family understanding with the obsession? Sort of.... After I noticed it, (camera was not rolling) and I was fairly excited, the "oh god, not again's" and "nerd" and "nutcase" and my kids (3 and 5) were even laughing at me......

As for a SC not in the Dells, I think that was a HUGE mistake for Tesla. The Publicity of having a SC in the biggest tourist destination in the Midwest. Not just that, but to give you a idea how busy our 14-50 is, starting Tuesday through Sunday, the 14-50 outlet will be completely packed with travelers all thanksgiving week. We can't keep up with it! And right now not very many Tesla's on the road! And we're getting Leaf, and Focus owners coming from Madison and Milwaukee. Must be a nightmare drive for them, but they can use the CHAdeMO station thats in Madison.

- - - Updated - - -

islandbayy:
Typically, YES, there will be some sort of Ribbon Cutting as an official event.
I don't know about WI since it is now getting cold, but there will be TWO Ribbon Cuttings on the same day next Tuesday (Nov. 26) in Texas: Corsicana and Huntsville.

Congrats for Texas!

Yah, 5 degrees and below tonight!. But we still have lots of outside festivities. Can always party inside Culivers. Would show support for businesses that in turn support us as well by providing use of their parking lots! I guess I have 3 parties to plan instead of just 2 now ;) Pleasant Prairie, Madison, and Mauston. Any word on Eauclaire? Thats a bit out of my reach until a SC is actually open haha, but would be more then happy to plan just about any SC Party.

This is more of a addiction then a obsession. At least this is a productive obsession.....

Last edited:
As for a SC not in the Dells, I think that was a HUGE mistake for Tesla. The Publicity of having a SC in the biggest tourist destination in the Midwest. Not just that, but to give you a idea how busy our 14-50 is, starting Tuesday through Sunday, the 14-50 outlet will be completely packed with travelers all thanksgiving week. We can't keep up with it! And right now not very many Tesla's on the road! And we're getting Leaf, and Focus owners coming from Madison and Milwaukee. Must be a nightmare drive for them, but they can use the CHAdeMO station thats in Madison.

Tesla's M.O. is to put superchargers along routes, not at destinations, and this makes sense. The Dells isn't a place you stop at for an hour to have lunch - you stay overnight or multiple days. The right infrastructure for that situation is ordinary chargers like yours at hotels, waterparks, etc. but obviously more will be needed.

I will keep everyone updated for a ribbon cutting or even. Even if they dont for this one, We can still have our own :)Went back

to Mauston today, they actually did a bit of work yesterday. Still need the fense up around the transformers and Charging cabinets, though, it looks like all they need is a electric meter and their done!

IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1812.jpg
IMG_1813.jpg
IMG_1814.jpg
IMG_1815.jpg
IMG_1816.jpg
IMG_1817.jpg
IMG_1818.jpg
IMG_1819.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be one major thread for supercharging. "Tesla Supercharging Network" …. as you find out more information and new locations… please post it there also, along with pictures. I think it may make it easier if, along with our regional threads, we post information in the national network thread above for all to view. ….. just a thought...