Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC now defaulting to 80 amps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

actualsize

Instigator-in-Training
Jun 25, 2013
Santa Ana, Ca
Did I miss something? For some weeks, the charge level via our HPWC has defaulted to 60 amps because of an earlier update (downdate?) to deal with substandard HPWC fuses. But our wall unit is one of the revised ones, so I had to manually punch it up to 80 amps (after bypassing the "Are You Sure?" screen) every time.

Earlier this week I plugged in and it went straight to 80 amps, as it should. There's new on-screen language that says "Settings For This Location." From this I assume those who don't have updated HPWCs will still get the 60-amp limit, but I'm not sure.

I don't know exactly when this happened because our car gets swapped around in the office, but no more than a week, I'd say.

Question: Is this part of a recent on-air software update? A new feature that uses GPS or somehow ID's the HPWC by serial number? Or did the vehicle finally "learn" this after repeated manual interventions to 80 amps in the same location?

Last edited:
Reviving this zombie thread. Just tried to charge at 80 Amps today and got cock blocked at 60. Result of an update?

Attachments

• 20190712_091346.jpg
    20190712_091346.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Funny
Reactions: Zishan