Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Fremont factory work schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many shifts and how many days of the week do they work at the factory? I can't seem to get an answer from any of the DS personnel that I talk to.

If they're running at 500 cars a week is that the max without adding another shift or expanding the factory

Last edited:
How many shifts and how many days of the week do they work at the factory? I can't seem to get an answer from any of the DS personnel that I talk to.

If they're running at 500 cars a week is that the max without adding another shift or expanding the factory?

WOK=Work

I believe that their production capacity at the factory is constrained by battery supply. I also seem to recall reading that they can get more efficient at building the cars in the current labor/factory size.

If they're running at 500 cars a week is that the max without adding another shift or expanding the factory?

Last time I've heard they were running two shifts on stamping and general assembly lines. Could be more on capital intensive equipment.

Technically they could run up to 4 shifts a week, which is not unusual for highly automated low margin industries(not that auto one fit both criteria). So they could ~double plant output if they would be able to hire enouph people and supply chain could keep up. And last time I heard they were making 570 cars a week, not 500.

I believe that their production capacity at the factory is constrained by battery supply. I also seem to recall reading that they can get more efficient at building the cars in the current labor/factory size.

This. Discussed this in the Q3 earnings conference call. Both Q2 and Q3 earnings calls Elon stated they'll resolve the short term battery constraints by probably Q2 2014, when MS production will really ramp up.