Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident - Diminished Value Claims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your Tesla was damaged in an accident and repaired, has anyone sought diminished value damages for the reduced value of your car?

As I understand it, if you have a reported accident, the accident / repair will appear on a Carfax and similar reports. As a result, you will receive less for for the car, when you go to sell it. The diminished value claim recognizes the loss of market value of your vehicle resulting from accidental damage.

How did you go about proving the diminished value amount? What amount did you receive? How big a fight did you have with the other person's insurer?

Thanks

I'm at the beginning of this process. I'm told people have been successful with Teslas. The hard part is that there are very few comparables; few Model S' for sale, and close to zero for sale that have had damage. So you have to go off similarly-priced cars.

If your Tesla was damaged in an accident and repaired, has anyone sought diminished value damages for the reduced value of your car?

As I understand it, if you have a reported accident, the accident / repair will appear on a Carfax and similar reports. As a result, you will receive less for for the car, when you go to sell it. The diminished value claim recognizes the loss of market value of your vehicle resulting from accidental damage.

How did you go about proving the diminished value amount? What amount did you receive? How big a fight did you have with the other person's insurer?

Thanks

Yes, I'm working on a diminished value claim, but it's not going to be easy because so few teslas's have been wrecked the same way, send me an e-mail if you want to discuss it.