Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Interior - Need help from the pros

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market for a roadster. I am wanting an all black interior. My question is about the interior door panels. Some of them have accent colors in them. Are those colors able to be changed without buying a whole new door panel?

I'm in the market for a roadster. I am wanting an all black interior. My question is about the interior door panels. Some of them have accent colors in them. Are those colors able to be changed without buying a whole new door panel?

What part of the door panel are you talking about? The part across the middle? Al & Eds have completely changed all parts of the door panels for a number of Roadsters. You shouldn't have any trouble doing that. Your question is hard to answer - there's not really much difference between replacing the panel and changing its color. The middle section of the door panels can be easily removed.

What part of the door panel are you talking about? The part across the middle? Al & Eds have completely changed all parts of the door panels for a number of Roadsters. You shouldn't have any trouble doing that. Your question is hard to answer - there's not really much difference between replacing the panel and changing its color. The middle section of the door panels can be easily removed.

+1
Any professional and local upholstery shop should be able to handle this job.

I think leather can be dyed?

Yes, technically Leather can be dyed, but removing the original leather and dying it is not the way to go due to the damaged caused to the leather when removing it and more importantly the lack of industrial dying capabilities, and the cost to have it done.

Leather is around $300 for a full hide which can replace about 90% of the interior, Napa is ~$700. We've changed almost every leather piece in the Roadster, including making custom designs in seats/steering wheels etc, typically switching out door and seat inserts together cost between $300-$600 depending on what materials you would like. I will let you know that you do get what you pay for especially with craft skill prices, make sure to check out prior workmanship if using a local shop. If you have more questions feel free to PM me and I'd be glad to help.