Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fires before the blog post - covered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Context:
The Mission of Tesla | Blog | Tesla Motors
Third, to reinforce how strongly we feel about the low risk of fire in our cars, we will be amending our warranty policy to cover damage due to a fire, even if due to driver error. Unless a Model S owner actively tries to destroy the car, they are covered.

Does anyone have any contacts that can find out if the pre-blog-post fires are retroactively covered by the policy change? In other words, are the owners paying for their replacement vehicles or is Tesla?

I'm curious from the standpoint of establishing precedent regarding how Tesla treats warranty expansions for cars that would have been covered after the expansion of policy but not before.

I figure now's probably a good time to find out and make note of this information while the topic is active/current.

I kind of figured they were already taken care of, even though it wasn't an official policy. Noticeably, none of them have said much publicly that didn't come through Tesla PR. "We'll give you a new car if you let us handle the media," something like that.