Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curb Rash - Fixes in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla service center in Tampa took care of mine; they gently grind it smooth and then powder coat. They send it out but it was done within 24hrs and the cost was $160.

Repair is impossible to see - very happy with the outcome. Maybe you want to see if Dania Beach can handle it for you?

Interesting. I didn't expect Tesla to fix curb rash. Was that $160 for one or four wheels?:wink:

Tesla service center in Tampa took care of mine; they gently grind it smooth and then powder coat. They send it out but it was done within 24hrs and the cost was $160.

Repair is impossible to see - very happy with the outcome. Maybe you want to see if Dania Beach can handle it for you?

Interesting. I didn't expect Tesla to fix curb rash. Was that $160 for one or four wheels?:wink:

1 wheel.

- - - Updated - - -

Mod Note: everyone is free to post, but I updated the thread title to make it clear this is a Florida thread looking for local solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Note that you have to be a little handy with tools to fit these yourself. Someone did tell me that Tesla will not install these for you due to liability reasons.

I just have my SIXTH rim repair by the alloy repair guy that Tampa Service Center uses. Argh!

Yes, I have alloy gators... in my garage at home.
I just couldn't come to deal with the appearance of them.... and I've been paying a hefty price for this.

Ouch! I had my two rears (on my Roadster) done for well under that. Tires Plus chipped a wheel and offered to have it fixed. The other wheel needed work, so I had the guy do the second one on my tab. The total was around $120 as I remember. This guy has a truck with everything needed to repair/straighten alloy wheels. He did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him. Not sure what his area is though (he may only be east-coast of Florida.)
wheel repair.jpg

Ouch! I had my two rears (on my Roadster) done for well under that. Tires Plus chipped a wheel and offered to have it fixed. The other wheel needed work, so I had the guy do the second one on my tab. The total was around $120 as I remember. This guy has a truck with everything needed to repair/straighten alloy wheels. He did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him. Not sure what his area is though (he may only be east-coast of Florida.)

Did that include powder coating?

Just had our S in for the annual (which means 9 months) maintenance at Tampa Service Center, which was to include fixing the wheel I scuffed (man, that S really is a lot wider than the Roadster). They were observant enough and kind enough to point out the rash on two of the other wheels, so we ended up having three of them done. Came out looking great, but no multi-wheel discount. I think they charged $180 per wheel.

I just had my yearly service and did two wheels at Dania Beach for $180 each wheel. Tesla doesn't recommend using Gator rim protectors (I asked), at least on the 21" rims, because it causes (slight) separation between tire and rim.

It took me months to get used to driving such a wide car, but (fingersc crossed) I haven't hit a tire in awhile and know how to avoid danger spots now, so hopefully year two will go much better on this front!