Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forum Rules "reminder" alert at top of screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure it's new this past 20-30 minutes from when I'm typing this.

Also noted it didn't include the warning to spell DFLYE's name correctly..... ;)

PS: Anent its warnings, what on earth is a "sock puppet account"????

Yes, I got a notice too. Mine says
Hi ChadS! Your continued use of TMC is awesome - have at it! Cheers!
That is what you all got, right?

Hey, I see they updated the Reputation Points Reward Catalog as well. The pony is back! Though they raised the number of points required 50%.

Last edited:
There's a Nigerian guy who is transferring $6m to my bank account as I write, all I had to do was give him my details to help him get his money out of the country......it must be true because he says so. ;-)
It's, um, difficult to "enforce truth" from the dishonest. What's being suggested is to request openness and truth from the honest.

That's my point. You think paid posters would be honest?
Some, yes.

Also it establishes a code of conduct that lays the groundwork for dealing with posters that aren't honest in this regard. If you can't play by such rules, then you don't belong here, get formally banned, etc.

If someone repeatedly posts FUD with an apparently negative intent, it's undesirable but not "in violation". If they are paid to do so and don't say so, then it's only "in violation" if the "rules" say so.

I'm not saying it's a huge problem of paid posters (yet?) but it is becoming a huge problem of forum members repeatedly questioning each others motives, etc. rather than leaving that to the moderators to handle. I'd prefer to see that recent trend reversed.

Last edited:
Also it establishes a code of conduct that lays the groundwork for dealing with posters that aren't honest in this regard. If you can't play by such rules, then you don't belong here, get formally banned, etc.

I agree in principle but come back to the point that if someone is dishonest how should we find out? This is the internet and there's not a lot of openness regarding who anyone is to start with....I've met you and I know you're a pleasant chap but half the time we have no idea if we're even dealing with a man or a woman or their real name etc. never mind trying to ascertain if someone is getting secretly paid by whomever.

I agree in principle but come back to the point that if someone is dishonest how should we find out? This is the internet and there's not a lot of openness regarding who anyone is to start with....I've met you and I know you're a pleasant chap but half the time we have no idea if we're even dealing with a man or a woman or their real name etc. never mind trying to ascertain if someone is getting secretly paid by whomever.

I'd be more than happy to get paid for posting--secretly or otherwise :)