Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Brake Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. In another thread, it sounds like some select P85+ owners were offered to upgrade to the red calipers for $500. I really wanted them, so I asked my DS... I'd have to take the entire new package on my lowly P85 to get them, so I passed.

Tesla has a consistent strategy to add all new options and improvements for $$: parking sensors, red calipers, fog lights, lighting package, electrically folding mirrors.
If these were free, this place would be filled with howling and screaming that earlier deliveries don't get the new stuff for free, too.

It is not technically "NO charge" as the P85 is now $3,500 pricier than before, albeit the car now comes with the headliner, calipers and I believe the extended nappa trim.

Don't know about the US, but in Canada the calipers, alcantara headliner, and carbon fiber spoiler are now included or are "no charge" with the P85. Extended Nappa is still optional.

As you mentioned, though, the price has increased such that you are paying for these options whether you "take" them or not. Free, but not really.

Today, I picked up from the Fremont Factory, my P85+ with the Red Caliper option added last month....IMO, they look great and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The contrast between the Black body, the 21" Grey Turbines and the Red Calipers is striking. My wife drove the car back from the factory today and the red calipers looked great when the rims were spinning.

Today, I picked up from the Fremont Factory, my P85+ with the Red Caliper option added last month....IMO, they look great and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The contrast between the Black body, the 21" Grey Turbines and the Red Calipers is striking. My wife drove the car back from the factory today and the red calipers looked great when the rims were spinning.

Last week I was at the Tampa Service center when a car truck delivered several new Teslas, one black with red calipers on the grey turbines. It looked incredible! Now I need to find someone in the Tampa area that would be able to paint mine to match the MC Red color of my car.

After receiving my car (black) with the black calipers I like those more. Originally I had wanted reds, but now I no longer feel the need for those as the blacks on black look excellent ;)

I can't understand why would anybody even want red calipers ... they will soon get dirty and it will show very clearly on the red paint. THey won't look good at all then. No way I would ever clean the brake calipers on my car!