Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Autosalon Model S spoiler preview!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not wait to show TMC the spoiler concept I have been working on over the last few months. I originally designed the spoiler after laser scanning the back of a Model S however there is nothing like a trained sculptor finishing up the final details. There will be three different models Full Carbon Fiber with Gloss and Matt finishes, also a Fiberglass version for people that want to color match it to their S. I wanted to give owners that did not splurge for the P85 a chance to own a spoiler at a price point under the OEM spoiler if they so desired. The concept takes the already duck tail contour of the Model S boot lid and enhances the shape upward into a true duck tail. The spoiler maintains most of its high angle of attack within the roof line not to hurt efficiency. It should take around a week to get the first production pieces so expect the spoiler to hit the TMC market place soon after we do a proper photo shoot showing off the details of the spoiler. I hope people enjoy the shape of the spoiler. Please email at [email protected] for more information.

*Update*
Here is what the spoiler looks like when color matched PMMB. This spoiler was not mounted to this S. It was placed on top of the trunk so you can see I worked hard to get the fitment as close as possible. When the owner of this spoiler gets back from vacation I will fully mount the spoiler to get full rolling shots of the full car.

The owner of this Model S who is not a spoiler fan went WOW when I put the spoiler on his car. Another Model S owner was out walking her dog and she also really enjoyed the shape of the spoiler.
PMMBSpoiler3pic_zps8f103d27.jpg
Another Update for the carbon fiber spoilers. This finish of the gloss is very deep. This is achieved by the extra step of finishing it with a full clear coat instead of buffing the finish that they come out of the mold with. Plus the extra clear coat provides better UV protection to combat hazing.

CFSpoileredge_zps255af28d.jpg
CFspoilerEdge2_zps8f048948.jpg
CFspoileredge3_zps861afcbf.jpg
CFspoilers_zps637a5144.jpg

***Mods* Please contact me in regards to becoming a TMC vendor. I have sent a few PM's with no response. Thank you.***

Last edited:
Looks good if the price if right I am gonna cancel mine from Tesla thats set to deliver in 3 weeks!
PM is headed your way.

Looks really nice! How do you plan on affixing it to the trunk? Some 3M-like adhesive pads?
Yes, it is fixed to the car just like the OEM Tesla spoiler using 3M industrial strength body molding tape.

Nicely done! I'd like one in gloss carbon fiber.
PM is headed your way.

Thanks for the interest! I planned on doing a group buy but the TMC market place is set up a little different now. The first 20 people to order will get special perks. I'm currently designing a different website with a cart built into it more information to come upon its launch.

Last edited:
I'm just concerned about fitment on aftermarket parts. I'll wait for the first 20 or so then there should be sufficient feedback to consider it, for me at least.

I believe during our last test fit we got the fitment as close as we can. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

How will folks get the spoiler installed? By oneself based on instructions that come with the spoiler? Or will you have a professional do it?

The spoiler will come with templates that line up with the edges of the trunk. This will give you the best shot at mounting the spoiler properly.

Here are a few shots of the fiberglass spoiler on a customer's car. This spoiler as been painted but the owner left for vacation. I am getting together with another Model S owner and we will shoot the painted spoiler on his car even though it won't be fully mounted.

6addc35b-ba7d-43f8-b918-003331521963_zps04ed4764.jpg
photo2_zpsd63d27ba.jpg

I also have a two phone pictures of a carbon spoiler straight out of the mold. This will spoiler will go through a few coats of clear for better UV protection, wet sand and buff to a gloss finish.

photo4_zps018989d9.jpg
photo2_zpsfe6a08b6.jpg