Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EV Autosalon Model S spoiler preview!

Items for Sale

Icon4 EV Autosalon Model S spoiler preview!

I could not wait to show TMC the spoiler concept I have been working on over the last few months. I originally designed the spoiler after laser scanning the back of a Model S however there is nothing like a trained sculptor finishing up the final details. There will be three different models Full Carbon Fiber with Gloss and Matt finishes, also a Fiberglass version for people that want to color match it to their S. I wanted to give owners that did not splurge for the P85 a chance to own a spoiler at a price point under the OEM spoiler if they so desired. The concept takes the already duck tail contour of the Model S boot lid and enhances the shape upward into a true duck tail. The spoiler maintains most of its high angle of attack within the roof line not to hurt efficiency. It should take around a week to get the first production pieces so expect the spoiler to hit the TMC market place soon after we do a proper photo shoot showing off the details of the spoiler. I hope people enjoy the shape of the spoiler. Please email at info@evautosalon.com for more information.

*Update*
    Here is what the spoiler looks like when color matched PMMB. This spoiler was not mounted to this S. It was placed on top of the trunk so you can see I worked hard to get the fitment as close as possible. When the owner of this spoiler gets back from vacation I will fully mount the spoiler to get full rolling shots of the full car.

The owner of this Model S who is not a spoiler fan went WOW when I put the spoiler on his car. Another Model S owner was out walking her dog and she also really enjoyed the shape of the spoiler.

Another Update for the carbon fiber spoilers. This finish of the gloss is very deep. This is achieved by the extra step of finishing it with a full clear coat instead of buffing the finish that they come out of the mold with. Plus the extra clear coat provides better UV protection to combat hazing.

***Mods* Please contact me in regards to becoming a TMC vendor. I have sent a few PM's with no response. Thank you.***
    Last edited by EVAutoSalon; 2014-01-08 at 10:43 AM.

Items for Sale
    Looks really nice! How do you plan on affixing it to the trunk? Some 3M-like adhesive pads?
    P85 - Multicoat Red, October Tech, Pano, UHFS, Parking, Carbon Fiber, Textile, Coil, 19"

Looks good if the price if right I am gonna cancel mine from Tesla thats set to deliver in 3 weeks!
    P85 |Red | Black Preformance Leather| Carbon Fiber | Air | Tech | Sound Studio | Panoramic Roof | 21" Grey | VIN P11606

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthdog View Post
    Looks good if the price if right I am gonna cancel mine from Tesla thats set to deliver in 3 weeks!
    PM is headed your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotoy View Post
    Looks really nice! How do you plan on affixing it to the trunk? Some 3M-like adhesive pads?
    Yes, it is fixed to the car just like the OEM Tesla spoiler using 3M industrial strength body molding tape.

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Nicely done! I'd like one in gloss carbon fiber.
    PM is headed your way.

Thanks for the interest! I planned on doing a group buy but the TMC market place is set up a little different now. The first 20 people to order will get special perks. I'm currently designing a different website with a cart built into it more information to come upon its launch.
    Last edited by EVAutoSalon; 2013-11-17 at 07:12 PM.

Items for Sale
    Would love a gloss carbon fiber one.
    P9935 - 85kWh Performance white/tan fully loaded w/ grey wheels
    G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, GT-R, Challenger SRT8

Got my Gloss Fiber on the list can't get here soon enough.
    P85 |Red | Black Preformance Leather| Carbon Fiber | Air | Tech | Sound Studio | Panoramic Roof | 21" Grey | VIN P11606

Banned
    How much?

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by wormhole View Post
    How much?
    The spoiler can now be ordered here. I ordered mine a few minutes ago. $1200 with free shipping for the first 20 orders. Should have it in a few weeks. Will post photos after it's installed.

Ordered a fiberglass one! I went with fiberglass since I wasn't sure if I'll choose to paint it or get if CF wrapped.
    ---
    2013 Model S - 85 kWh, Pearl White, Tan Leather/Obeche Wood Gloss, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver wheels, Tech Package, Sound Studio Package, Active Air suspension, Twin Chargers. Ordered June 27, 2013, delivered August 8, 2013.

Thread Information