Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC Canada's insurance rate $3,400?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out today from my insurance agent that my annual premium on my MS85 will be around $3,400!!!

My agent haven't even heard of Tesla, and had to call around before giving me that quote. He didn't even ask me whether it was a 60, 85, or Performance.

Can anyone in BC Canada give me some feedback please? I know in the US people shop around to get better rates, but it's different in BC that your rate is the same no matter which broker you go to.

Thank you for any info on this!

Wow! Try to get more quotes, I've got 732$ which was actually 10$ less than my BMW 335i...

- - - Updated - - -

I just add that the MS was in their system although the agent haven't heard of it and made me spell TESLA and she then said "OK got it, so it's a Ferrari now I need the model"... Either way, she finally got it right, asked for final invoice price and regular questions. Deductible is 2000/1000 but but everything else is standard.

Location play a role too, and a clean driving report too. Otherwise 3,400 is crazy unless they are pretty sure they'll need to replace it (bad driving record, high risk of getting stolen...)

I am in Victoria BC and as you know, ICBC bases their rates on the driving location. I was $2500 a year with all the discounts and full replacement coverage. I do know that most areas of the lower mainland are higher cost areas than Victoria. On the Canadian forum several members seem to have had good success with lower costs going private using Canadian Direct Insurance ( might be wrong on the name...)