Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Locations UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent announcement from Tesla that the first supercharger in the UK will be up and running next quarter does anyone know where it will be, also where do people think others should be located for maximum effect.

With the current CHAdeMO network for Leaf drivers taking shape there are obvious bias towards M1/M6 and a huge hole up the eastern A1 Route, would love to see a supercharger located somewhere on the east of the country.

Also somewhere around Dorchester that would make the jump from London to devon/Cornwall easier.\

Thoughts ?

I would guess the first would be around london maybe watford area i guess then it would follow the sales/service centres so may go :-

Manchester
Edinburgh
Newcastle
Nottingham
Bristol

Then as the model s becomes more popular fill in the gaps like Leeds, Norwich, Dover, Hull, Southampton,Liverpool, Exeter Birmingham etc

I would definitely expect Tebay services on the M6 to get superchargers. They currently have a Roadster charger and offer high quality food etc (for a service station) which fits in with Tesla's mindset.

That would open up Scotland to areas from the midlands and a bit further south, with Glasgow and Edinburgh around 135 miles away.

South of that I expect many service stations between major cities. I guess we are fairly easy to cater for compared to the US/Europe as everything is relatively close together.

I suspect the A1/Eastern corridor would be at a later date once again with M6/M74 coming first.

yes they'll definitely be along the major roads/motorways, not in cities. Perhaps one day you might find the in cities for people to use the way they use petrol stations if you have street parking and no possibility of a home charger. However, that will be very low priority/never happen.

Fingers crossed for my favourite services, Warwick!

Would need two - one northbound, another for southbound. At either Cherwell Valley or Oxford a single setup could be accessed from either. Or they could go for Beconsfield - assuming traffic comes through the Channel Tunnel and across from Kent (it's got a pub!).

Last edited:
It shows their intentions, and is pretty accurate for the rest of Europe. With the first cars coming in 3-4 months, I would hope that they will be starting to build pretty soon, so if anyone sees anything that might be a supercharger being installed, especially if it's on the M4/M5/M40 then please post...

So, given the model s in Europe has a standard type 2 connector do you think superchargers will work,with other types of cars, or is there something in the charger software that authenticates the car type ?

They don't work with model s's which don't have supercharging enabled, so they surely won't work with other types of cars.

By the way: the two operating superchargers in the netherlands work fine!