Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New chargers at Hyatt Place Charlottesville VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two chargers at back entrance at the brand new Hyatt Place.
gy2ataju.jpg
dena3edu.jpg

photo.PNG

Charged today and this is what was showing so indeed it is a high power J-1772. Unfortunately, I don't have the twin chargers so could only draw at about 40 amps but this is still much better than a typical J-1772 which usually only gives 17mi/hr charge. There is an on-site restaurant so use of that may allow access to charger without being an overnight guest. I had a coffee :)

Last edited:
Interestingly, I telephoned the Hyatt about a week ago to ask about their policy regarding use of the chargers. The person I spoke with told me the chargers were only for use of guests staying at the hotel. She even put me on hold for a moment to check with her manager; when she returned to the phone she confirmed that their policy is the chargers are for use of hotel guests only. Perhaps by "hotel guests" she meant those staying overnight or those using the restaurant, but she did not make that clear and I did not think to ask.

I am planning a trip to Charlottesville in April. I've figured out my charging plan so won't need the use of the chargers at the Hyatt, but I thought I would share this information with others. I included a comment on Plug Share to share this information.

Two chargers at back entrance at the brand new Hyatt Place.
They are 100 amp Clipper Creek CS-100 charging stations with J1772 connectors. If you have a Roadster 2.0 or 2.5, be sure that it has the latest Version 4.6.8 firmware installed (for the 1.5, it is the Version 3.6.12 firmware). See Fix for Roadster 80A Charging Bug.

I tried to charge with the previous firmware and could not charge. I have not yet tried them with the new firmware.