Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the total price of the X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike many I dont have an unlimited budget, I do find it strange that I cant find the price on the Model X anywhere?
You can put $5k down and then have to pay $35k more putting $40k down on a vehicle but you still do not know how much more you will have to pay when produced.

Does anyone have rough pricing?

Unlike many I dont have an unlimited budget, I do find it strange that I cant find the price on the Model X anywhere?
You can put $5k down and then have to pay $35k more putting $40k down on a vehicle but you still do not know how much more you will have to pay when produced.

Does anyone have rough pricing?

You can't find exact pricing because it hasn't been set yet. The vehicle is still 12 months from production, most likely.

The company has said in the past that pricing would be similar to the Model S. More recently, Musk said it would be more, though not much more (low single digits in terms of percentages, iirc). That may reflect the rumored shift to AWD-only on the Model X.

I'd start with current Model S prices and assume you'll pay 10-15 percent more, to account for both the above and potential further increases in the Model S prices over the next 12 months.

Elon Musk was recently quoted as saying The Model X will be more expensive than the model S because it will only be offered in Dual Motor All wheel drive. The Model S starts at $63,570 after $7.5k Federal rebate. So to be safe I would tack on $5k.

So out of pocket you will most likely have to pay over $76070.00 for a 60 kWh Model X (ie. before tax rebate). Then there's options :cool:

The exact thing Elon Musk said was "low single digit percentage" more expensive than the base Model S. If you assume that means 4-5%, that adds 3k-4k USD to the price. It is of course possible the optional extras will cost more than they do on the Model S - that remains to be seen.

The exact thing Elon Musk said was "low single digit percentage" more expensive than the base Model S. If you assume that means 4-5%, that adds 3k-4k USD to the price. It is of course possible the optional extras will cost more than they do on the Model S - that remains to be seen.

I liked that Elon gave a reason for why the Model X would cost more than the Model S. I do not see why the options would cost more than the Model S options unless there was something fundamentally different about them. To price them higher just because seems out of character for Musk And Tesla. A price increase on the Model S options and matching price of options for the X, however, is entirely possible in a year...

So how much more did the Signature Model S cost over the reg Model Ss and what was the difference in options? Is it worth going for the Signature version (if I had the money :))?
JD
If you're looking to reserve an X and the $40K reservation cost isn't a problem for you, then it's likely $45K isn't a problem for you either. If that is the case, put both a regular and a signature reservation down. This gives you the most flexibility to react to Tesla pricing and the decision to go Sig or not.

If you're looking to reserve an X and the $40K reservation cost isn't a problem for you, then it's likely $45K isn't a problem for you either. If that is the case, put both a regular and a signature reservation down. This gives you the most flexibility to react to Tesla pricing and the decision to go Sig or not.

What I was told when I placed my Signature X reservation is that if I changed my mind later on, I could fall back to a production reservation that would be approximately in line with if I was placing a production reservation that day instead of the Signature reservation. In support of how to make that easy to implement, I was first assigned a production reservation number, and then upgraded a couple of days later to the Signature reservation.

Unless that production reservation number was then re-used for somebody else (the data guy in me shudders at the thought), then it looks to me like I really have two reservation numbers in Tesla's system for my one reservation. I'll end up using one or the other when it comes time to configure.

If all of that's true, the $40k signature reservation will also put you in the appropriate spot in the current production reservation queue, should you decide to configure based on the production que timing rather than the signature reservation.

What I was told when I placed my Signature X reservation is that if I changed my mind later on, I could fall back to a production reservation that would be approximately in line with if I was placing a production reservation that day instead of the Signature reservation. In support of how to make that easy to implement, I was first assigned a production reservation number, and then upgraded a couple of days later to the Signature reservation.

Unless that production reservation number was then re-used for somebody else (the data guy in me shudders at the thought), then it looks to me like I really have two reservation numbers in Tesla's system for my one reservation. I'll end up using one or the other when it comes time to configure.

If all of that's true, the $40k signature reservation will also put you in the appropriate spot in the current production reservation queue, should you decide to configure based on the production que timing rather than the signature reservation.
My recollection is that the approach you described was a "try to find a fair position" but not a guarantee. YMMV.

My recollection is that the approach you described was a "try to find a fair position" but not a guarantee. YMMV.

This was my experience with Model S. I began as a Production reservation, upgraded to Signature and then finally switched back to Production because I really wanted a blue one. I think my Production reservation number slipped by 100 or so. In the end I'm sure it made much less difference on actual delivery time than did the options I selected.

Also, the Signature number I had was so high that the real difference between when I would have gotten that car and when I actually got the one in the color I wanted was only about a month.

interesting about the signature angst some people had. I thought the model S signature simply cost them more up front. I didn't realize the total cost of the vehicle was more too. I'm #692 for the model X and was thinking about upgrading to the signature soon. I don't think i'll be doing that now. bummer...