Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Good work, Phil.
Know the area well. Would prefer it was closer to my favorite Burger Joint - The Tav on 4th Ave, but Ill survive.:biggrin:

By chance, is it our favorite ADK?
Edit: Never mind - it is posted in the NW Supercharger thread - it is ADK.

Last edited:
Bar 14 Ranch House has been serving food for a long time. I have eaten there once or twice; better than fast food. It is the nearest building to the freeway and looks to be just a short walk from the new Supercharger station.

This is both good news and bad. It looks like the city fathers are going to use this event as an excuse to remove the Roadster HPC from the 3rd and Main location. Perhaps the increased demand caused by the addition of the MS adapter raised their power bill too much. Roadster trips between Spokane and Seattle are going to be a lot more difficult without that HPC. http://ci.ellensburg.wa.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1321

So, it's the phils that hear the little birds...

Anyone taken a look at this site in person? If there are locate marks that means they are cranking away. The head of SCs at Tesla was heard to say that Eburg would be in by the end of the year and given the holidays coming up, they need to be going now to make that date. Not that I'm planning a trip based on availability, though.

I will the through there on a trip on Friday (Nov 22) and probably again on Nov 30. I definitely plan to stop and have a look.

Just letting folks know so an extra trip is not taken in the sketchy weather to come. :wink:
Certainly not trying to beat you to a report, but we have been planning to make the trip when the weather broke. Beautiful sunshine and dry roads made for a great ride and, as always, a great burger and brew at The Tav.

Alas, couldn't find any indication of pending construction at the Holiday Inn or the adjacent parking lots. No location marks on the tarmac - nada.

Siting at the Roadster HPC, and the display says 50 mph rated, 230 volts @ 68 Amps. Fifty mph seems quite high for that power, and I seem to recall something a bit greater that 40, but never 50.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1385169162.006602.jpg

Success! The now familiar ADK survey marks are on the pavement at the Holiday Inn Express, Canyon Rd, Ellensburg, WA.

In this photo, there are 8 spaces marked out for the connector bays. Four (left) are clear in this photo, and four are ICEd ;-) (on the right of the small divider). The supercharger racks will go on the grass to the left of the shot. The service entrance vaults are across the parking lot in the foreground. Lots of conduit runs are marked out across the back driveway to the left and behind the shot.

Now the construction watch can begin in earnest. Based on our scouting experience in Springfield, OR, I would say construction will begin in earnest next week, or more likely right after American Thanksgiving. So inauguration by end of year seems plausible, if the snow stays away!