Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cheyenne, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A permit for a supercharger station in Cheyenne, Wyoming was found by Earl and Nagin at the TM forum. The permit info can be accessed here: Citizen Access by searching by project name for Supercharging. The permit was issued November 7th. There will be two chargers and four charging bays. The specific location is Frontier Mall near the Olive Garden, 1400 Dell Range Blvd.

Last edited:
A permit for a supercharger station in Cheyenne, Wyoming was found by Earl and Nagin at the TM forum. The permit info can be accessed here: Citizen Access by searching by project name for Supercharging. The permit was issued November 7th. There will be two chargers and four charging bays. The specific location is Frontier Mall near the Olive Garden, 1400 Dell Range Blvd.

See 1400 Dell Range Blvd, Cheyenne, WY - Google Maps. That is a great location near the intersection of I-80 and I-25!

It is also another good example of Tesla not putting Superchargers where the dots are on the map, but at much better locations as they do their research. :smile:

This is great! Probably reachable from Silverthorne Colorado on the Musk family cross-country trip.
I also saw some reference to "electric charging stations being installed in the outlets at Centerra in Loveland, CO. However, this was very generic sounding, as it was with a local "drive electric" organization, so unlikely to be Tesla brand superchargers

Silverthorne to the Cheyenne superchargers is 168 miles: one big climb at the start to the Eisenhower tunnel, a long descent to Denver and a slow climb of about 1000' from Fort Collins north to Cheyenne. Piece of cake in an 85; marginal at best in a 60.

Silverthorne to the Cheyenne superchargers is 168 miles: one big climb at the start to the Eisenhower tunnel, a long descent to Denver and a slow climb of about 1000' from Fort Collins north to Cheyenne. Piece of cake in an 85; marginal at best in a 60.

With the altitude gain, the other way is a bit of a challenge in an 85, and nearly impossible in a 60. To do the westbound direction will require a Supercharger at the Loveland Outlet Malls or somewhere nearby.

Hmm. The Cheyenne location is only 50 miles from here... If was was super cheap i spose I could never charge at home again and be an extreme cheapskate.

Just remind yourself that you end up paying more for tires than for electricity, and it'll knock that thought right out of your head. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

With the altitude gain, the other way is a bit of a challenge in an 85, and nearly impossible in a 60. To do the westbound direction will require a Supercharger at the Loveland Outlet Malls or somewhere nearby.

Good point, especially since you actually gain a few miles of Rated range descending to Silverthorne from the tunnel. But you've got to get up to the tunnel, at 11,158' elevation, before you can coast down the other side, regenning (is that even a word?) all the way. Add a little snow and wind and sub-freezing temperatures and it'll be dicey, even in an 85.

I visited the Cheyenne, Supercharger location today. Looks like construction is coming along nicely:

Cheyenne 1.jpg

Cheyenne 2.jpg

Attachments

• Cheyenne 1.jpg
    Cheyenne 1.jpg
    697.4 KB · Views: 1,079
CBL : Great Shopping Places : Alphabetical

The Frontier Mall is owned by CBL and Associates properties, that owns many malls. Apparently they specialize in "market-dominant" regional malls.

The link above lists all of their malls, for any Supercharger detectives out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I also checked that distance with the awesome Tesla Wiki Supercharger map. It's getting to the point where Tesla should change their "now" map to a link to the wiki page instead.

Cheyenne @ 140 miles has been OFF LIMITS to my MS since there are no charging facilities in Wyoming worth pursuing. Color me ecstatic at this news!!

Olive Garden, hell, the SC is next to a CHIPOTLE!! :biggrin:

Now I can access Fort Collins, CO and the northern Front Range via the I-80 I-25 'long way' route (26 extra miles, 17 extra minutes). NOTE: one can/should avoid 'The Ramp' which is the long steady climb on I-80 from Cheyenne to the Lincoln Monument @8600 ft by taking WY 210 which is no longer but is devoid of semi's and much less exposed to winds and weather. Also much more scenic, i.e. not to be missed!

With Silverthorne SC 140 miles to the south already existing, my 'local' needs will now be satisfied completely by the SC Program - all within the first year of owning the MS. Props to Tesla Motors!!

Edit: I now realise I only need to do the extra 26 miles (17 minutes) ONCE per round trip, doh! Even better.
--

Last edited:
This is really exciting for heading north next summer too! Can't quite make it to Jackson in one go, but South Dakota is lookin pretty close!

Yes, when this and Lusk, WY are completed, a Supercharged weekend to Mt Rushmore, or perhaps Deadwood, starts sounding like a nice, little Front Range Tesla group spring outing. Denver, CO to Rapid City, SD - Google Maps :biggrin: