Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Grey Ghost - P85 Dark Grey Metallic with Suntek Matte Wrap and Blacked Out Chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone is interested here's my Tesla after a few weeks of work.

1. I have 20" TSW Nuburbring's with 9s in front and 10s in back with Michelin PSS 255s in front and 285s in the back from American's Tires (in San Ramon, CA).
2. The original paint is Dark Grey Metallic which was beautifully paint corrected by Immaculate Reflections (in Antioch, CA).
3. Tinted with PhotoSync 55 all around plus pano and 75 on the windshield through Premier.
4. Finally I got the car wrapped and blacked out by Elite Auto Film (now Design) in Fremont, CA. Still waiting on new blacked out emblems.

GreyGhost_01.jpg
GreyGhost_02.jpg
GreyGhost_03.jpg
GreyGhost_04.jpg
GreyGhost_05.jpg
GreyGhost_06.jpg
GreyGhost_07.jpg
GreyGhost_08.jpg
GreyGhost_09.jpg
GreyGhost_10.jpg
GreyGhost_11.jpg

G

Last edited:
There is a thread on the forum of someone else with the TSWs and he found a Chinese outfit that does the 3D stickers. I ordered them with the same specs as him and got them in about 8 days. The adhesive is ultra strong and works great. If you have trouble finding it let me know and I'll search for the thread for you.

UPDATE: Found it...
Center caps for aftermarket wheels

I changed the wheels/tires out on my way back from factory pickup. Regardless I think the handling is superb. I had a P85+ loaner and I can't tell much of a difference between that and mine in most driving situations even hard cornering. This is after I had Tesla do a wheel realignment, prior to that even the stock 19s pulled a little to the right under heavy accel. I think the Michelin PSS have a lot to do with it.

BTW, do get the tire insurance certs. My right rear developed a sidewall bubble within 2 weeks and they replaced it 100% free, it would have cost around $360 otherwise. Think it even covers accidental damage.

There is a thread on the forum of someone else with the TSWs and he found a Chinese outfit that does the 3D stickers. I ordered them with the same specs as him and got them in about 8 days. The adhesive is ultra strong and works great. If you have trouble finding it let me know and I'll search for the thread for you.

UPDATE: Found it...
Center caps for aftermarket wheels

I changed the wheels/tires out on my way back from factory pickup. Regardless I think the handling is superb. I had a P85+ loaner and I can't tell much of a difference between that and mine in most driving situations even hard cornering. This is after I had Tesla do a wheel realignment, prior to that even the stock 19s pulled a little to the right under heavy accel. I think the Michelin PSS have a lot to do with it.

BTW, do get the tire insurance certs. My right rear developed a sidewall bubble within 2 weeks and they replaced it 100% free, it would have cost around $360 otherwise. Think it even covers accidental damage.

Thanks. Email sent to the sticker company.

Good to know about certs. Seems like a sidewall bubble should be covered by manufacturer warranty. Wouldn't it?

I am going to have to wait until next set of rubber to feel the benefit as I went with the Hankook Evo's which are solid but not a step up from even the Contis. Going all the way for PS2s next time.

I'm really glad to have your experience to help guide my efforts!