Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aiken SC charging options on Turkey Day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where to charge on Thanksgiving in Aiken, SC?
Going to visit family and want to show them the Tesla, but its about a 230 mile round trip and given the weight of 5 people and cargo it seems like that would be cutting it too close for comfort, especially if it cools down and heat is needed.

Only place I know of is the Aiken Co-op. It's at 2790 Wagener Rd. Only a standard EV plug though so not much range/hr...Depending on which way you are coming from there's an RV park with NEMA 14-50 west of Augusta that I've heard of people using.

My parents live in Aiken but only have 120 V so I plug it in and charge overnight and make sure I stay long enough that I get a good charge.

I called them this morning and A) reported the EVSE outage and B) confirmed that the station is available 24/7 and there is no gate.

I imagine they have the breaker reset by now. However hopefully they'll also look into why it tripped in the first place.

EDIT: per Jonathan Hewitt's reply below, OOPS :) I guess my call on Monday morning confused them pretty good! Oh well, they still need to see why the breaker tripped.

Last edited:
That's weird ... Just today (Nov 10th) a Tesla Model S owner checked in there and ... tripped the breaker. If you use this site, keep your current draw low, until we hear that they've fixed the root cause.

EV Charging Location - Aiken Electric Co-op - Aiken, SC

I just talked to the guy who tripped the breaker. He said he actually was there a while ago and just sunday got around to uploading the picture, haha.