Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red brembo brake calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did note that the European configurator is now updated with new options and higher pricing. My config is now around 7000 USD more expensive.

My question is if the red brembo brake calipers is new? Domthe p85+ have brembo but not red? Is the update juste the color?

Interesting. That's not an option in the US. We all get the grey/black calipers. At least in the US, they're all Brembos, but they have Tesla branding on them. Looks like the Performance models will get red calipers in the future, if the EU site is any indication.

Edit: Also looks like some bundling going on. The regions I looked at in the EU also bundled the alcantara headliner and CF spoiler with the P85, along with the calipers.

Agreed….You think its a cover, or they painted from Brembo that way? How much are the breaks anyways if need to replaced? Anyone know?
I doubt it. Brakes heat up to insane temps, and putting a cover on them would only make it worse. I've never seen any manufacturer cover up a caliper to add color, they just paint the caliper. These are just painted red instead of black.

So assume the chepast would just be to paint them... Red multicoat aligned color would be perfect?
If you're doing it aftermarket you mean? Your options will be somewhat limited. You need extremely high-temp paint, essentially made exclusively for brake calipers. I've seen maybe a dozen colors in total. As far as I'm aware, no one sells custom caliper paint to consumers, though you could probably find an automotive paint shop willing to do it if you call around.

Last edited:
Well i do have a bunch of old BMW and Porsche friends that know where to pimp the calipers. Will not do any pimping for start other than window tinting and removing the terrible chrome look. Will think about the calipers. Not a must do...

Hi folks,

Just so I'm getting this straight, the only difference between the calipers on a stock 85 & a P85+ is the colour? On the Canadian configurator at the moment, you can de-select the red calipers on a P85+ but I wasn't clear if this leaves you w/some kind of non-performance brakes as opposed to the swanky red Brembo ones.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Just so I'm getting this straight, the only difference between the calipers on a stock 85 & a P85+ is the colour? On the Canadian configurator at the moment, you can de-select the red calipers on a P85+ but I wasn't clear if this leaves you w/some kind of non-performance brakes as opposed to the swanky red Brembo ones.

Thanks!
My understanding is the red calipers option is only a color difference, not a functional one.