Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake dust and performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm new here and very interested in Tesla and Zero emissions cars.

For several years I have sold [removed] brake pads. I would like to ask Tesla owners if there is either a brake dust issue or a brake fade issue on the roadster? If so, then I'd like to know if the Tesla uses the same pads that would be found in the Lotus Elise?

It's been my experience that Porterfield's pads are very low dust and the fastest stopping street pads - which would come in very handy in the super fast Tesla roadster. ([removed]: 1,100F heat tolerance, .4 friction coefficient, rotor friendly carbon kevlar)

Who could I contact at Tesla - in case they'd like to test the [removed] pads. I'd supply them at no cost.

Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:
OK then

If the pads are the same as the Elise those are FMSI #s Front 109.14 and Rear

So if any driver has a brake dust complaint, or simply wants to stop faster then there are alternatives.

Commercial?- not exactly - I'd just like to see Tesla use better pads that happen to be made in the USA. A car that goes that fast needs to avoid brake fade - which has been reported by reviewers of the Tesla.