Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Donate your adapter...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
I think we can agree that it's somewhat silly for hundreds of MS owners to buy a CHAdeMO adapter when we MIGHT use it a couple times a year; attaching one to CHAdeMO chargers might work but then they're vulnerable to vandalism and theft. So.... how about teaming up with other MS owners and donating a few to your local library. Since that inter-web / e-book thing got big most libraries have started checking out everything from chainsaws to chess sets to stay relevant. CHAdeMO and roadster adapters would be right up their ally. No risk of vandalism and there's accountability to ensure they're returned. Once the CHAdeMO adapter is released I plan to donate one to a library on the Kitsap Peninsula... probably the Bainbridge Island Library. Any Kitsap residents want to chip in?

Thats a neat idea. I setup a "time share" kind of thing here. Once the adapter is released, their are 4 of us going in on it, and will use some sort of calender system so we can each reserve it when we need it. Using a locking cabinet bolted to the outside of my garage, and each will have a key so they can access when needed.