Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto/GTA, Honestly, How Has Your Service Been?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a very busy Real Estate Salesperson in the GTA. I have been considering the Model S. Currently driving a beast of a Mercedes AMG but it's coming time for a change. My concern is that there seem to be many issues owners have been having. Sometimes the service sounds like its great, other times sounds poor.

How has your service experiences been? How about reliability? Do you think this car would be good for my occupation. I put 30k per year.

I'm in Ottawa but mostly get service out of Toronto.

The service has always been excellent. They have great people who really want to do a good job for you. There have been occasions when they've been overloaded and therefore a little slow, but they've really ramped up operations (many more techs and a new location is coming) so that is getting much better.

I have had my car for 4 months, been to Toronto Service twice for all minor stuff. Service is amazing and have taken advantage of their loaner program once. I would buy this car over and over again. Fact is, I really kind of miss the whole process of ordering and delivery that you will soon experience. Every time I drive this car, I still can't believe how nice it is.

Toronto Service has been excellent from the beginning for me. First time was when I sold my 21" wheels to a fellow from Ottawa. They mounted/balanced ties on my new 19" aftermarket wheels for me and then installed them. (I understand they won't touch aftermarket wheels anymore though).

My 2nd dealing with Toronto service I had asked for a tire rotation since my rears were down about 30% from new. It took 3 weeks to get an appointment. They drove to Hamilton with a truck and covered trailer to pick my car up. They returned it by the end of the day, washed, tires rotated and had applied a half dozen TSB's as well. The pano roof had tons of annoying creaks before going in and it was silent once I got it back. A major improvement!

My 3rd dealing with Toronto Service they asked me if I had the retrofitted defroster vents installed yet. That time, they sent a ranger. He was done the job within an hour. Love ranger service! Highly recommended even if you're in the GTA.

I've never asked for a loaner since I work from home and usually can part with the car for a day without a problem but am planning on it for my annual service. I hope they have a roadster loaner available. :)

my $0.02.

In my experience, the Toronto service has been excellent. I have never seen any service organization work as hard as they do towards customer satisfaction. I will balance this out by saying that my car has had a lot more little issues than past vehicles, but I fully expected that with a brand new product from a relatively new company.

The car is roomy and very fuel efficient. I think it would be an excellent vehicle for a real estate professional. I think clients would get a huge kick out of riding in it.

The entire team has been fantastic to deal with. I've done several upgrades to my Roadster and two years of annual maintenance at the Toronto Service Centre. The staff is friendly and take a high level of personal responsibility for getting problems fixed. As Doug mentioned they can be overworked at times but hopefully the second location will help take the load off.

I have only had my car for 5 months and have never needed to go to the SC location but initially it would not charge properly. They sent someone to my house (I'm not on a service or ranger plan) and he said if he didn't fix my problem there, he would get a flatbed truck to tow it to the SC and return it back to my home when fixed. He also informed me that they emailed Elon Musk about my charging issue because he wants to know about every issue himself. I left him to do his job while I went to work and came back to a nice little note saying it was all fixed in my garage and that he had left a new set of mats for me to have. I used to think Lexus had good customer service but this tops it for me.

Well, the Toronto service Center has sent Rangers to my house a few times now (IN Manitoba! AT my house!), and I have nothing but good to say about them. I had one incident with my rear window mechanism, and they were way faster than I expected: I emailed, got a call a few minutes later, the next day Toronto called me and asked if they could FedEx the parts out, and the next day Rangers came to my house and fixed the issue in my garage. Plus they proactively fixed the other side. Plus they added upgraded lug nuts to the rear wheels. Then they mentioned some people were having issues with floor mats curling, so they tossed in a set of those. And made it clear that I should call right away if I noticed anything else. I will never buy another vehicle from any other company if I can help it!

- - - Updated - - -

The important distinction about Tesla compared to all the other companies is that they don't make money on service. It's a complete paradigm shift - it's now in their best interest to build cars that have increasing reliability. Dealerships mainly make money on selling extended warranties and on service, which means they have to "manage" dependability. Tesla is still going to have some growing pains, but they are growing in the right direction!

I've had excellent service at the GTA service centre and nothing but minor issues that were handled well. Updates, service bulletins and such were done each time I had the car in without having to ask. I wouldn't worry a bit about 30k a year, I have over 50k this year so far. :)

I would say service is two fold for me. The people and the work done is absolutely top. The only issue I have had is recently when I wanted something minor done (like changing to winter tires) the wait time is long. Today they are quoting me Nov 27 is the earliest I can get in for a 1 hour job. They had already cancelled an appt I had made last week to get it done. When I do go there the work will be great and the staff nice. I would buy this car again even if the service had not been fantastic but don't tell them that. :smile: