Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped by The Collection in Oxnard today. This is the future location of the supercharger. At the moment, there is not much to see -- just a leveled pad.

IMO, the location is ideal. It sits between H&M and Whole Foods. The station faces the 101 Freeway. The red Tesla sign will attract the attention of tens of thousands of motorists daily on the 101.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    664.1 KB · Views: 7,835
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    717 KB · Views: 7,816
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    598.4 KB · Views: 7,787
I am at The Collection for Wholefoods every few days. The picture above is definitely not the location for the SC's. It is way to large and there is all sorts of sewage pipes going in. I think it is going to be another large building. But I wonder why they keep building more buildings while more than half of the existing buildings are still vacant.

It has been my understanding that the SC's will be approx where H&M is, yet all the way to the edge of the parking lot, near the fwy.

Does anyone have an update on the Oxnard Supercharger? I'm planning a trip to SB at the end of January and I would prefer to use this supercharger vs. the one at Hawthorne.

I was just there this morning. Zero action at this point. Last week a small, portable office building was placed on site. Whether it has anything to do with the Supercharger? I have no idea.

I was just there this morning. Zero action at this point. Last week a small, portable office building was placed on site. Whether it has anything to do with the Supercharger? I have no idea.

Not likely. Also, the picture above of the dirt lot doesn't look like where Tesla typically installs superchargers. Tesla, in every case that I've seen, uses an existing parking lot. They don't create new lots or expand existing lots. So probably the supercharger will be somewhere in the lot, but the construction fencing shown above has nothing to do with it.

Not likely. Also, the picture above of the dirt lot doesn't look like where Tesla typically installs superchargers. Tesla, in every case that I've seen, uses an existing parking lot. They don't create new lots or expand existing lots. So probably the supercharger will be somewhere in the lot, but the construction fencing shown above has nothing to do with it.

I should have been more clear. There is a small temp office placed on paved the lot, near the big LED 101 Hwy sign. This is very near/exactly where Tesla has been planning the chargers to be placed. The pictures you have seen posted earlier in this thread is a long ways away from Tesla's proposed site and nowhere near the mobile office.

I should have been more clear. There is a small temp office placed on paved the lot, near the big LED 101 Hwy sign. This is very near/exactly where Tesla has been planning the chargers to be placed. The pictures you have seen posted earlier in this thread is a long ways away from Tesla's proposed site and nowhere near the mobile office.

I've never seen them set up a temp office, either. It's not impossible, but I just don't think a supercharger is a big enough project to justify an office trailer.

This may be delayed longer than you think. The scope of work
appears to not be defined yet. They do not known where they are going to pull the electricity, and then they have to get the easements and do all the work. That is usually 3-4 weeks more after approvals and easements and commencement of work......

I was at the Whole Foods in Oxnard CA yesterday. There are no signs of construction of a supercharger site. I drove around the entire complex of stores. It appears that there will be some level two chargers going in on the east side of the Yard House; four stalls are designated electric vehicle parking, but no sign of even.. level two's as of yesterday. I spoke to a security guard who works there. He hasn't seen any signs of any charging stations others than the Yard House spots.

This location would be super convenient, I come to Oxnard on a regular basis. Thank everyone for watching for any progress. Near the whole food = excellent location, they have good ready to eat food (you can eat inside their airstream) and it's a great place to stock up for the road. The other restaurants nearby are attractive. I look forward to other establishments opening in this mostly empty complex. P.S. How do you know this is a planned Supercharger Location? I couldn't pry that information out of anyone I contacted at Tesla.

This location would be super convenient, I come to Oxnard on a regular basis. Thank everyone for watching for any progress. Near the whole food = excellent location, they have good ready to eat food (you can eat inside their airstream) and it's a great place to stock up for the road. The other restaurants nearby are attractive. I look forward to other establishments opening in this mostly empty complex. P.S. How do you know this is a planned Supercharger Location? I couldn't pry that information out of anyone I contacted at Tesla.

The Ventura County Reporter confirmed the placement of Supercharger stations in Oxnard, CA @The Collection.

http://www.vcreporter.com/cms/story/detail/get_your_electric_motor_runnin/11274/

Midway through the article it talks about the approval of a Tesla Supercharger at The Collection. In addition, a representative from Tesla that I spoke with also confirmed that it is in the works.