Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Montreal Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard rumours about the Carrefour Laval, but nothing more substantial.

It seems that Tesla have hired a sales representative for the Quebec / maritimes market, currently based at the Laval SC. More info here (in french).

That's also what I heard. However, I still believe the store should be in downtown Montreal. Central for north/south shores. More accessible for people outside of the Montreal area (ex. Quebec) and visible for tourists in Montreal. Best would be near the Apple Store.

However, I still believe the store should be in downtown Montreal. More accessible for people outside of the Montreal area (ex. Quebec) and visible for tourists in Montreal.

That's how I used to feel about setting up a store at the Mall of America (40 million visitors per year). But remember, Tesla is trying hard to not create more demand than they can supply. And, as a consequence, to rather spread demand well into the future to ensure their long term success.

That's how I used to feel about setting up a store at the Mall of America (40 million visitors per year). But remember, Tesla is trying hard to not create more demand than they can supply. And, as a consequence, to rather spread demand well into the future to ensure their long term success.
For us in the Montreal region, geographically speaking, Laval doesn't make any sense.
It's a suburb and it cuts off all of the South Shore suburban area as they would have to transit through the Montreal island.
Laval is actually a bad location for both service center AND a store.
Vancouver store is being opened downtown... no reason it shouldn't be the same here.

Tesla seems to be doing a hybrid strategy. They're doing a mix of service center only locations, large store/service center locations (like a good old fashioned dealership), and mall stores. Toronto has one of each.

I suspect one reason they're doing these larger service center + store locations is that potential customers walk in to their service centers all the time. They've ended up hiring salespeople for their service centers, and it's not really ideal because it's not a store. Probably the single big location makes the most sense if it's the only facility in the area.

The official Montreal location will be in the Decarie/Jean Talon region (I'm guessing close to Silver Star). It's "supposed" to be ready by September.

Lead article in La Presse business section today appears to confirm, but no official word from TM.

Looks like opening pushed back several months, though.

I am still hoping the new 435,000,000$ Colisee in Quebec City can be repurposed for Tesla, since no NHL team is on the horizon.

Lead article in La Presse business section today appears to confirm, but no official word from TM.

Looks like opening pushed back several months, though.

I am still hoping the new 435,000,000$ Colisee in Quebec City can be repurposed for Tesla, since no NHL team is on the horizon.

Would like it too! Was a Nordiques fan (while being a Bruins fan! ;) ) but I don't see it coming as, on the opposite side of other young companies, Tesla seems to be very commited (and I like seeing that being Tesla shareholder...) to be really rigid on their spending... also, they don't do any advertising, because for now, they don't need to... word of mouth is doing a great job for them...

But we never know...

Supposedly this Montreal store opens tonight?

Anyone going? Photos? Videos? Would love to see.

This is what I got so far on Facebook.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417818771.589506.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417818782.110074.jpg