Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is goin on with TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I have noticed through the grapevine on several occasions from May different people across the country who are members of TMC of some very strange new practices going into effect. TMC is yes a private group, but in my opinion should be the leader in fostering good will and promoting members to collectively meet together in their various local regions. What I do not understand is why it is apparently appearing to threaten TMC by placing web links that have absolutely nothing detrimental to TMC on signature pages. Local groups from posting info on tMC site.

If TMC is so threatened by local groups maybe they should set up a directorship for each location and coordinate the meeting of the month etc. I mean can't we all just get along?

I don't know if banning of people is happening or not but I wonder where is kevin99? Looks like he is banned. I saw Kevin's update on his site:

Tesla Motors Club (TMC) | Investnaire: Focused Investing to Millionaire

And interestingly this Q3 update:

Tesla Q3 Earning Prediction | Investnaire: Focused Investing to Millionaire

it would be nice to include all avenues of information on TMC whether directly or via web links. Just wanting peace and harmony.

Nameste

@Acmykguy

Actually I started the Italy Tesla Motors Club, which refers to a local group, without having any problems. Yes I had some discussions with TMC Members but in the frame of normal discussions among TMC Members. I posted this just for reference.

Kevin was spamming and cross posting his links on the forum. He admitted as much. He didn't like it when moderators told him to stop and has been lashing about it. He's been given a time out. I'm not sure what else there is to say about it. Most people manage to get along fine.

Just one more data point. I was cc'd by both kevin and nigel on the communications mentioned. Sharing the complete string would not leave kevin in the best light.

He was only asked to stay within the boundaries that we would ask of any member - no cross thread spamming, please have actual content in a post other than 'follow the link in my signature!'. He responded with telling us that we needed investnaire more than he needed tmc and (paraphrasing) he did not need to listen to nigel.

I never saw nigel singling him out. I never saw kevin being treated differently than other members. I suspect there may have been a misunderstanding early on that caused kevin to feel he was singled out, when he was not. But no explaining seemed to work.

On another note, I find it extremely bad form for him to have singled out a particular person over on his site, in a way that leaves that person unable to respond. He also have picked up posts from people here on tmc, pasted them there, and then responded there. Very bad etiquette overall.

If you could see the 'user report' area of the forum that the mods deal with when a TMC site member reports another user, you'd see the very high number associated specifically with kevin. He's caused the mods a lot of work, has chosen to ignore us, and now is complaining about being mistreated on another site.

Time outs? Banning? He said/she said? Two wrongs equaling a right?

:crying::confused:

There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
― Joseph Brodsky

“All censorships exist to prevent anyone from challenging current conceptions and existing institutions. All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions, and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.”
― George Bernard Shaw

Hahaha, gotta love this thread. After the slaughter in the market today, I came close to starting a kind of tongue and cheek post asking for more investing advice but changed my mind because it seemed too spiteful.

But just in general, I am not taking sides here at all, would it not be okey for people to link to their site, even if it was commercial?
There are alot of people here, especially in the investing section that do alot of work for the members and just gives it away for free.

But what it they could just have a signature with their own site, so they could make a little money on the side there?
Alot of smart people have left this forum, while some you see rarely. If they could have an own site, they would have to work hard here on TMC to earn a reputation for getting people over to their sites.
To me it would be a win win situation.

On another forum which I am spending alot of time on they just lost 2 of their most hardworking people. One left for writing on his own, and another actually became an analyst!

The mods are doing a good job, and I know it gets out of hand sometimes
smile.gif

On another note, I find it extremely bad form for him to have singled out a particular person over on his site, in a way that leaves that person unable to respond. He also have picked up posts from people here on tmc, pasted them there, and then responded there. Very bad etiquette overall.
I feel necessary to come in and speak for kevin, as he is blocked and unable to respond here. How ironic is that you are doing exact thing you denounce, Bonnie?

Just one more data point. I was cc'd by both kevin and nigel on the communications mentioned. Sharing the complete string would not leave kevin in the best light.

He was only asked to stay within the boundaries that we would ask of any member - no cross thread spamming, please have actual content in a post other than 'follow the link in my signature!'. He responded with telling us that we needed investnaire more than he needed tmc and (paraphrasing) he did not need to listen to nigel.

I never saw nigel singling him out. I never saw kevin being treated differently than other members. I suspect there may have been a misunderstanding early on that caused kevin to feel he was singled out, when he was not. But no explaining seemed to work.

If you could see the 'user report' area of the forum that the mods deal with when a TMC site member reports another user, you'd see the very high number associated specifically with kevin. He's caused the mods a lot of work, has chosen to ignore us, and now is complaining about being mistreated on another site.

To be frank, Bonnie, I am shocked by your rephrase of "data point", You are wrong on many facts. For one, you are not cc'd on all communications. I only cc you after the ugly part 1-on-1 with Nigel, so you didn't get that part.

Other things are nickpicking. I may not be careful doing certain things in the beginning, but I do take notes when mods told me so.

And here you are also mixing two things:

A. Cross linking TMC thread.
B. post external links.

I have clarified that I did A in the beginning, which is saying something like "I post a Q2 celebration thread, let's join if Q2 turns out to be great". how bad is to refer another TMC thread? Even I don't agree it is spamming I stop doing that, though I see many people doing exactly the same all over the forum like saying " I started a thread on ....", and why that didn't cause any moderation or disrespect?

For B, my understanding a single link is allowed, which is what I did. I have never post twice the same external link. If you want to accuse me on that, show the evidence.

It is perfectly fine to take side as a general comment, as doug and dsm did, which I don't mind, as I understand many people who don't like my style while many appreciate my view.

However when you rephrase the way you did, without knowing the full details, I have to question your credibility. If you really like to continue, let's publish the communications once for all and give facts to support your accusation.

I'm fine with what I stated.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel necessary to come in and speak for kevin, as he is blocked and unable to respond here. How ironic is that you are doing exact thing you denounce, Bonnie?
So are you speaking for Kevin?

For B, my understanding a single link is allowed, which is what I did. I have never post twice the same external link. If you want to accuse me on that, show the evidence.

Or are you Kevin?

A few concrete points:
please have actual content in a post other than 'follow the link in my signature!'. He responded with telling us that we needed investnaire more than he needed tmc and (paraphrasing) he did not need to listen to nigel.

I was really trying to work with mods by not posting a link, but just in the signature, because that was the contention early one. I sincerely thought that will be better for what the mods request, which i don't understand why.

And I don't see how "we needed investnaire more than he needed tmc and (paraphrasing) " is relevant here. Terrible taking out of the context.

I was asking whether investnaire is considered a competing site to TMC, and the answers holds the key to many arguments. I still haven't received an answer.

He also have picked up posts from people here on tmc, pasted them there, and then responded there. Very bad etiquette overall.
Come on, if that is not nitpicking, I don't what it is. This is ONE SINGLE such instance, which I did it in a hurry and not giving any thought to such profound implication. You certainly paint a picture of "many posts of other people on TMC", that is outright not true.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fine with what I stated.

- - - Updated - - -

So are you speaking for Kevin?

Or are you Kevin?

Of course I am kevin99, I don't think I have to disguise and I give enough clue who I am.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't respond as kevin99. So I use kevin999, isn't that obvious? No gimmick and I hope this is not another point for accusation.

No, it's my understanding he was on a timeout after the last blowup. Not banned. He knows that.

That is another wrong "fact" you stated. How am I supposed to know? Did you or someone notify me ? No. I find out I am blocked, can't post. I don't know what is time out, and what the time is, and what the difference is timeout and banned. All I know is I can't post.

Bonnie, with due all respect, you are part of stirring up the pot and put bad rep on me, putting words into my mouth while I can't respond.