Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABCNews: Roadster, Model S, Elon Musk, Bill Gross/Idealab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two Questions:
1. What are the thoughts on Elon's claims on solar energy in the video? This is not the first time he has said this.
2. Is the lastest peak of the model S helpful to getting a complete picture?

1. Who is to say? How does anyone know for sure what will happen in 20 or 30 years? He has interest in a solar panel installation company so of course he really wants to have people believe that future and try to make it so. (Well, even if there wasn't a financial motive it is still a good idea).

2. When they pulled up that little bit of cover I got a chuckle. I felt like they were respond directly to an earlier comment I made that we didn't really know what the tail light looks like. Well, we still don't know the taper of the side of the tail light, or the door handles! I think this is the "jigsaw puzzle" way of introducing a new vehicle! In any case they need to save some for March 26th... Those people get to see the interior, the drive-train layout, and actually drive it. When I saw the front view it looks to me like it is a rather wide vehicle which goes against what I was hoping they would do. (I have mentioned many times that I find very wide vehicles problematic to park in compact spaces in congested city areas).

Last edited: