Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla in Australia?

Great news - thanks for the post DavidRM.

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I did do a search here and on Tesla Motors Forum) but does anyone know if Australian laws exist regarding dealer franchises as in the US? Were there any legal challenges from dealers when the Roadster was being sold? It would be frustrating to have to play the games many in the US are being subjected to.

S#9 Australia
    Not as far as I know. Strange that in the land of quintessential capitalism, the land of the free, that you have such garbage as what is going on with the auto dealers. Of course they feel threatened, but so do small retailers here when the supermarket came to town. You just have to compete better and smarter to retain market share.
    Considering brown with 19in and tan interior. or else sig with white interior and 19in wheels
    Reserved April 2011

Won't be a problem in AU TesAus - will be similar as when selling Roadster - T will be the manufacturer, importer and dealer all in one - no restrictions.....it will be T beating want-to-be delaers off with a stick...it won't happen.....the only thing that happens when you add a dealer?...the price goes up....

- - - Updated - - -

Not long now guys - this is the date to believe in from Naomi....before you can count the amount of 18650 form factor cells in an 85kW pack Salamagd, it will be adorning your browser ....additionally, Stone Strickland, T's Asset Lite will be arriving from CA this week and will no doubt begin reaching out to everyone.....

Thanks JMac that is good news on many fronts.

we look forward to hearing from Stone again.

Not sure what you mean by the "date to believe in from Naomi". Do you mena the couple of weeks until announcing pricing. Then that means we're around August or even later before getting a shipping date? Will S's land on our shores this year? Will they be less than $120,000? I'm thinking maybe and probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey quick question (sorry of it's been answered but this is one of only a couple of Aussie threads and I didn't see it:
    Will the cars be available here for both cash and finance options like the US? Since it's probably going to come in above the luxury car tax it means it will be difficult to lease through work therefore it would have to be a standard finance deal and I'm not sure how the banks will go on such a new vehicle.

Hi Houdini - sorry for the confusion - yes - what i ment was that Naomi's comment re pricing from a few weeks ago is correct - you will have that. As Stone Strickland is heading out from CA this week, he will also be on point with owners and reach out to provide a better timeline, i would suggest within the next 5 days or so....

Awesome thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Hi Houdini - sorry for the confusion - yes - what i ment was that Naomi's comment re pricing from a few weeks ago is correct - you will have that. As Stone Strickland is heading out from CA this week, he will also be on point with owners and reach out to provide a better timeline, i would suggest within the next 5 days or so....
    Oh my, it's starting to become very real.

Jmac, are you back at Tesla?

Great news, hope you're right, Jmac!

Thread Information