Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287
Results 2,861 to 2,866 of 2866

Thread: Tesla in Australia?

Music 2 my ears! Hang in there Sparky! !!!

Hi Cain

We can absolutely deliver Sparky to Adelaide, and it will be free!

Yes, you still have the option of going through the walkthrough in either Sydney or Melbourne, we would just need to organise a date and time. It’ll be easier in Sydney because we have a lot more people up here, and we have the established service centre location here as well, but I’m sure it would be doable in Melbourne as well.

Sparky is at least in the vicinity of Australia, if it’s one of the cars that hasn’t been offloaded, it’s close, just in a queue of boats to be offloaded. That’s as fallout from the strike at the wharves. We’re hoping to get everything offloaded within the next couple of days though.

Thanks,

Adam

Question for those who have taken delivery of autopilot equipped cars: have you mounted your e toll tag yet, and if so, is it working? Can you please post where you mounted it. I crossed the harbour bridge once in the loaner and merely held the e toll tag up to the windscreen, it failed to go off.
    Signature red, S 85, with white upholstery, Black headliner and pano roof. Cyclone 19in wheels. All options except sub-zero.Red Devil. Rebuild confirmed on 3rd October, now in production since 9/10/14. Production finally complete as of 30/10/14 VIN 59510.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dborn View Post
    Question for those who have taken delivery of autopilot equipped cars: have you mounted your e toll tag yet, and if so, is it working? Can you please post where you mounted it. I crossed the harbour bridge once in the loaner and merely held the e toll tag up to the windscreen, it failed to go off.
    Here in the US, you need to mount the toll tags just behind (to the right of) the mirror, on the darkened part of the windscreen. Anywhere else doesn't work very well. I assume for Oz you would put it just to the left of the mirror. Some people have actually mounted them behind the nose cone, but then you can't hear them go off or adjust them. (In CA, there are some toll roads that require you to set a switch to say whether you qualify as a car pool or not at that particular instant; I'm not aware of anything like that in Oz, so maybe no adjustment is ever needed.)
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dborn View Post
    I mounted mine on the passenger side of the rear view mirror and seems to have worked OK - I suppose I'll know for sure if I start getting toll notices in the post in a few weeks!
    Signature 85kWh - Delivered 18 December 2014 / Blue / Black leather / +Pano, Subzero

Welcome! White is popular in QLD. Almost same as my configuration, only I've got 21" wheels.
    S85 Pearl White | Grey Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | Pano | 21" wheels | Tech | Parking | Parcel Shelf
    Confirmed​ - 13/06/2014 | VIN Confirmed - 15/06/2014 | Expected delivery - September/October

Quote Originally Posted by AussieModelS View Post
    Thanks Higgy.

I will be doing the same thing in Canberra in about two weeks time. The details you have provided are pretty consistent with registering cars in the ACT. I have registered a number of rally car imports before, so the guys at rego are familiar with imports and the necessary paperwork.

We also used to have a problem of 8 or 9 digit Japanese chassis numbers and having to enter a bunch of zeros to fill in the 17 digit chassis number requirement on the rego system! So hopefully the Model S will be a walk in the park.

Cheers, Michael
    I assume you have your charger installed? It will be interesting to see if you have to register the Tesla as a one cylinder car!

You don't seem to be on Timpoo's spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1639906180 If you post your config details Tim will update the SS.

Cheers
    David

Thread Information