Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244
Results 2,431 to 2,439 of 2439

Thread: Tesla in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Dborn View Post
    Short of asking to do your own registration, they will simply go ahead. Clearly, Tesla is NOT in support of an effort to reduce our costs, at least not on this issue.
    As a slight counter to that argument Tim Ellis has confirmed that they did look into the vehicle tax reduction for low emission vehicles and have secured the discount for Tesla Model S. It only make about $30 difference, but it is something.

- - - Updated - - -

Also tried the MAA calculator.

For me the range was $503 to $881. Cheapest was QBE, most expensive was NRMA.

Allianz were second cheapest at $544 so I am pretty happy if that is what I get charged.
    Signature 85kWh - Production complete, in transit from 25 October 2014 / Blue / Black leather / +Pano, Subzero

This is interesting, I guess they haven't broken the embargo because they reviewed it in America!

Tesla Model S P85+ First Look - YouTube
    S85 Brown| Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Matte | Pano | 19" wheels | Tech | Air | Parking | High Fidelity Sound | Parcel Shelf
    Charging infrastructure: JET Charge | Tesla Accessories: EVnomics

True - but they didn't drive it in this video....I assume there will be a part 2.

I guess I don't need the hand over talk now!

Needless to say, Allianz is the dearest, in my case by a factor of $450.00!!!! This is useless spent money. Seems that Tesla may have got a deal from them and the actual figure will be lower, but i wouldn't count on it. I think this needs action by all NSW members of this forum!! Check your own quotes with the calculator, and email in your findings!
    I tried a heap of different combinations and could only come up with a max of $100 difference between all of them. Since the max was $600 are you saying that your green slip is only $250?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E View Post
    I tried a heap of different combinations and could only come up with a max of $100 difference between all of them. Since the max was $600 are you saying that your green slip is only $250?
    Allianz worked out around $880 and QBE around $450. Maybe my age or the fact that I included 26 year old drivers.

OK, I recalculated leaving out the other drivers and that made a huge difference. Much closer result to Mark E.
    Last edited by Dborn; Today at 03:35 AM.
    Signature red, S 85, with white upholstery, Black headliner and pano roof. Cyclone 19in wheels. All options except sub-zero.Red Devil. Rebuild confirmed on 3rd October, now in production since 9/10/14. Production finally complete as of 30/10/14 VIN 59510.

My prices ranged between $500 and $880. If Tesla are getting cheaper than that I'm very happy! Otherwise, I simply don't care. It's insurance and we do need it to be road legal.

Review published today.
    Tesla Model S Review | CarAdvice
    Based from USA, so no embargoes breached, I guess.
    Signature red, S 85, with white upholstery, Black headliner and pano roof. Cyclone 19in wheels. All options except sub-zero.Red Devil. Rebuild confirmed on 3rd October, now in production since 9/10/14. Production finally complete as of 30/10/14 VIN 59510.

My expectation would be that the local drive articles are embargoed so that they will appear on the day after the launch online and in newspapers and will be combined with announcements from the launch particularly supercharger rollout. My best bet for the launch is the evening of Thursday the 11th of December or if not then the evening of Friday the 12th. We will know soon as invitations are going out next week.

Blog Entries
    Review published today.
    Tesla Model S Review | CarAdvice
    Based from USA, so no embargoes breached, I guess.
    The section about braking was a bit confusing/misleading. He seems to be suggesting that you leave regen braking in "low" mode. I don't know anyone who doesn't get used to the regenerative braking in the first ten minutes, and leave it as normal for the rest of their life. And there is no connection between the regen (on the accelerator pedal) and the brake pedal, which is what gives Prii and Leafs their inconsistent brake feel.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information